Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 12:17 AM

2 posts, read 3,028 times

Advertisements

Be careful of renting from GB RENTS places.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2009, 09:11 AM

598 posts, read 1,546,926 times
Check out renting at the AF Academy...they have privatized housing now and plenty of homes to rent. Schools are great on base as well.

Old 05-13-2009, 11:36 AM

1,538 posts, read 2,304,848 times
Thanks for the tips on renting. We did check out the housing up at the Academy but unfortunately, due to privatization, they have breed restrictions on dogs they allow. We happen to have a beautiful senior rottweiler who will be coming with us. I have a feeling the dog will be our biggest problem moving to COS. Well, him and our house that we're still trying to sell in OH. When we come out there next week, we'll be checking out a few areas, including Fountain, so we won't rule anything out until we see it. Thanks so much!

Old 05-27-2009, 11:29 AM

Default Back with more questions--military moving to COS--Powers area (m)

You were all very helpful with my last round of questions so I'm back. My husband and I just returned from a visit to COS and WOW! It is beautiful! Keep in mind I'm from SW Ohio--nothing but cornfields... lol So originally we thought my husband would be working at Cheyenne Mtn. but now he'll be at Peterson. So, we really loved the Powers area; specifically Springs Ranch, Stetson Hills (suburbia is perfect for what we need). I have a 90lb problem though. In addition to our 2 kids we also have a 10 year rottweiler (who is blind, partially deaf, diabetic, and has hip problems...) and is the sweetest, gentlest creature on this earth. I swear. We are looking to rent a home in the Powers area (3bd, 2ba, 2gar) but most of the rentals online are run by property managers and the ones I've contacted will not even consider us because of our dog. Do these areas have HOA's that prohibit certain breeds?? I cannot find any info online. We would be the perfect tenants (we have excellent credit, own our home currently, ect...). We just need to find a place to live for the next 3 years or so that will accept my senior dog. Any advice?

Old 05-27-2009, 12:43 PM

565 posts, read 1,847,760 times
Go to www.rentals.com and when searching use the "dogs allowed" button - very quick to find places that allow dogs.

Just did a search there for 3+ bedroom 2+ bath freestanding homes between $1200 and $1700 in the Colorado Springs area with "dogs" checked and came up with 122 listings.

Old 05-27-2009, 12:55 PM

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I've done that. But then when I inquire further about the property, every single property management company has breed restrictions. I won't get into my very passionate feelings about breed specific bans... I'm just hoping I can rent from an owner and skip the management firms altogether. Anyone have a home for rent please PM me.

Old 05-27-2009, 04:20 PM

4 posts, read 11,813 times
Default Automated Housing Referral Network

Have you tried AHRN? Being military you have access to this DoD only site. There are a ton of rentals listed there.
Automated Housing Referral Network (AHRN.com) v6.1

Last edited by Firedawg75; 05-27-2009 at 04:45 PM..

Old 05-27-2009, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firedawg75 View Post
Have you tried AHRN? Being military you have access to this DoD only site. There are a ton of rentals listed there.
Automated Housing Referral Network (AHRN.com) v6.1
Thank you! Can you believe I've never even heard of this site?? I wish the military would do a better job of helping its people get from one point to another. I swear... There are some rentals on there that I haven't contacted yet so I'll give it a shot. I appreciate your help.

Old 05-28-2009, 09:03 AM

4 posts, read 11,813 times
You're very welcome. Good luck!

Old 05-29-2009, 02:06 PM

598 posts, read 1,546,926 times
If you haven't fond anything yet, my fiance' is selling/renting her place in Springs Ranch. PM me if you're interested...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs