Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2009, 06:13 PM

16 posts, read 35,213 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

My family and I are moving to Colorado Springs later this year, and we're having some trouble with the apartment finding sites online. We have 1 dog, a 5 month old yellow lab, and two cats. We'd like to find a nice apartment, first floor, in the 800-$1300 dollar range that will allow us to have all three animals. Jaxon (the dog) will probably be 60-70# full grown, and the cats are well, cats. Most apartments go for two pets just fine, and personally, I'm not really that attached to one of the cats, but my 10 year old would die if we had to let her go. The other cat not only has the personality of a dog and is the coolest cat I've ever seen, but she also belonged to someone in the family who died, so getting rid of her would be like betraying a dead relative.

If anyone local has a clue on where to look for an apartment that will either cut us some slack (lets face it, most cats are hardly more noticeable than door stops to anyone outside the apartment) or an apartment that will accept three pets up front. We're willing to pay a reasonable deposit (I saw one place, apparently ran by the Grinch, who wanted $800 per pet. Sheesh. Seriously, just don't allow them.)

We're heading out there in late September and would like to just drive to a decent place, hand over some cash, and be ready to move in when we want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2009, 08:01 PM

1,570 posts, read 5,979,326 times
You may have better luck finding a single family house. With the price cap of $1,300 you should be able to find a house. But be ready to offer an additional deposit. 2 cats & a dog is more than most owners will allow.

Old 07-01-2009, 10:36 PM

1,312 posts, read 7,905,075 times
I don't know what the animal restrictions are but I recently moved out of a house (landlord is selling the property) to an apartment on the north end of town (Vickers and Union) with a dog and a cat. I had to put down a pretty good size deposit and an extra $30 a month but I am paying just a bit less than I was before. The house I lived in is owned by a friend so I got a discount but a two bedroom apartment, bottom floor, 1 car port, swimming pool, small rec center and backs up to a park for just over $800 a month AND since I signed a shorter term lease I am also paying $50 more per month (only 3 months while I look for a house to buy).

It's not bad for multiple family housing considering I went from a 1400 sq ft house with a garage, corner lot to an 855 sq ft apartment. Not bad either since I am hopefully not here longer than 6 months total if it's that long before we find the "right" house to buy.

If you want more information, let me know via PM and I will hook you up. The only thing I would be a bit concerned about is the schools. District 11 and I am not sure what elementary school is served by the complex.

I forgot to add: There is a mish-mash of dogs around here. I've seen a Great Dane and a St. Bernard. I have a 70 pound Lab so when I saw the Great Dane I knew I wouldn't have trouble renting with him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs