U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2009, 06:02 PM

1 posts, read 2,985 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I need help finding a decent area to do a short term rental WITHOUT breaking the bank. Looking to spend no more than $1000/month, I hope that's not pushing it. We are willing to do a 1 bdrm with pullout until we are able to find a home to move into. We hope to only be in the rental for a month or two. We are military and going to Schriever AFB. We are moving to the Springs area around August/Sept timeframe.

Thanks for your help,
Kermille
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2009, 07:28 PM

53 posts, read 153,814 times
There is a hotel across from Peterson AFB west gate that charges a weekly fee. We stayed there during our relocation, but it was just me and my young child. The room was pretty small, but it did have a stove top, fridge and microwave. Another place that I know of is an old apartment complex on Murray St. that rents by month furnished apartments. Sorry I don't have a good memory, so I can't remember the names of these places, but try calling Peterson AFB lodging and they should be able to point out a few places for you, since when their rooms are full, they refer you off base to nearby hotels.

By the way, Peterson is about 15 minutes from Schriever and where most of the housing areas are nearby. Hope this helps some.

Old 07-31-2009, 07:38 AM

641 posts, read 2,134,748 times
Craigslists has a lot of short term rental listings. When I moved here, I rented a furnished bedroom from a very nice older lady. My rent was dirt cheap and it was quite comfortable. It allowed me to save a bundle of money to buy my first house.

Old 07-31-2009, 09:02 AM

16,433 posts, read 20,663,015 times
You can try the Apollo Park.

Old 07-31-2009, 09:23 AM

565 posts, read 1,734,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prhottie1 View Post
There is a hotel across from Peterson AFB west gate that charges a weekly fee. We stayed there during our relocation, but it was just me and my young child. The room was pretty small, but it did have a stove top, fridge and microwave. Another place that I know of is an old apartment complex on Murray St. that rents by month furnished apartments. Sorry I don't have a good memory, so I can't remember the names of these places, but try calling Peterson AFB lodging and they should be able to point out a few places for you, since when their rooms are full, they refer you off base to nearby hotels.

By the way, Peterson is about 15 minutes from Schriever and where most of the housing areas are nearby. Hope this helps some.
The extended stay hotel across from the Peterson AFB West gate charges either $179 or $189 per week.

Old 08-01-2009, 10:41 AM

16,433 posts, read 20,663,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginhild View Post
The extended stay hotel across from the Peterson AFB West gate charges either $179 or $189 per week.
Interesting, next time you pass by there could you post the name of the place? Thanks!

Old 08-03-2009, 10:10 AM

565 posts, read 1,734,963 times
It is called "Value Place"

Here are more listings of extended stay places for Colorado Springs:
Colorado Springs Colorado CO Extended Stay Hotels | A Business Traveler Hotel Guide

Old 08-04-2009, 10:15 PM

1,938 posts, read 6,685,456 times
The number to Value Place is 1-800-ValuePlace. It is still advertising 189 a week.

Old 08-06-2009, 09:54 AM

32 posts, read 89,474 times
We are in Extended Stay America up off Corporate Drive. It's closer to $1300 a month. Kitchenette, 1 bed & an air mattress for our 3 year old. They accept pets too (I forget the fee). Our cat is hanging out here too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
View detailed profiles of: