Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 06:31 PM

1,938 posts, read 7,116,541 times

Advertisements

There is a sewage plant over there- when the wind blows right, you can smell it in that area of homes. Plus, you don't want that area anyhow, it is a "lower income" area. Stick with the newer home developments- if you decide to check this area out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2007, 12:36 AM

2,649 posts, read 7,431,594 times
What about the Fountain area off of Grinnell Blvd. I'm trying to get my mom to move from that area back to Texas, but she's worried that she won't get enough for her house right now.

Old 05-02-2007, 03:47 PM

I think the Widefield area (by Grinnell) will sell fine because so many Fort Carson families are moving in- perfect price range for them. The market has slowed down a bit and more rentals are popping up though..but she should still be fine.

Old 09-28-2007, 11:08 AM

1 posts, read 2,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DainaDLR View Post
Well, Fountain does have a few Pros and Cons:

Pros
1. Your husband will have a very quick commute (Gas prices are ridiculous)
2. Your property taxes will be lower ($700 vs. $1200 for example)
3. You get more home for the money with New Builders like New Generation Homes and Oakwood Homes.
4. School District 8 is not too shabby.

Cons
1. It is said that there is a particular smell in Fountain
2. It's not as well developed or mature as some other areas
3. Lots of rentals due to military families having to leave quickly.
4. A bit further from the rest of the Colorado Springs area (i.e. downtown, shopping, etc)

So, really it is a matter of preference. I live in same part of town in an area called security and actually enjoy living there. I have a very nice size home and only pay $700 per year for taxes. I also attended a district 8 high school many years ago and happen to think I received a fair education.

[moderator cut]
Hi! Ive been reading these threads trying to decipher the area that is fountain I am in the process for looking for a rental property bc as most individuals near this area, my husband is being stationed at Fort Carson. How can I tell if the "smell" and area of Calle Entrado, Fountain, Co is ok???

Old 12-16-2007, 06:38 PM

1 posts, read 2,073 times
I just moved to Fountain about 2 weeks ago and it seems charming enough. Close to what i need yet far enough away(well almost) I heard that there are a lot of rentals in the Falcom Area that are out a bit with a little land. I do not know where that is. I do know that I want some thing in the Widefield School district since that is where my kids are attending school now. Anyone know where to look for rentals??

Old 12-30-2007, 03:39 PM

Default ftn small

Calle Entrada is okay. Being up on the mesa you don't get it. You just want to stay clear of living off of 85/87 by the Walmart and Southmoor Dr. In fact Calle Entrada is just a couple skips from me.

Widefield's school district RARELY closes for snow. Being active in your child's education is the best thing you can do- despite the school or district you are in.

For those of you looking for a good price for your buck on homes, Oakwood Homes is building homes here in Fountain. [ mod cut ] The largest home, the Mongolia has something like 3500sq ft for 255,000. The lots average in size 6500 sq ft. So, if you can't afford to live in the more expensive areas, you might consider Fountain.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 12-30-2007 at 03:42 PM.. Reason: Links to realtor/builder/ websites not allowed by TOS

Old 12-31-2007, 02:07 PM

8 posts, read 34,633 times
Here's a tip. If you want to take advantage of the plus side of the area: location, better weather than Metro, easier to get around, access to everything

Without the downside: municipal government

Consider Security/Widefield
The Security and Widefiled neighborhoods are between Fountain and Colorado Springs and are unincorporated El Paso County. The Sherrif's Dept and the Security Fire Dept provide excellent police and emergency services and nobody comes round once a week to meaure how long your grass is or to make sure your basketball hoop is properly placed.

Old 12-31-2007, 04:52 PM

lol! ...
and I really do hear from others about code enforcement! It is so true!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs