Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2007, 04:43 PM

3,644 posts, read 10,937,498 times

Advertisements

We are about 6 weeks away from moving to COS (yeah!) and went to get new cell phones. The guy at the cell store asked us what prefix we wanted. He said he had a friend from COS and that the prefixes "mean" something in COS, but wasn't sure what. Flying blind, we chose 650 for my husband's phone, but won't change mine over until we get there (we just ported our home number here in Abq over for now).

Does the prefix of your phone really "matter" up there? It's not a huge concern of mine, but before I print up business cards for my husband, and before I request my COS number, I wanted to check with y'all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2007, 05:47 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,734,875 times
We moved from Ventura County, CA to Colorado in June 2006. We had national cell plans. We kept the same phone numbers. Didn't make a difference financially. Yes, people wonder why we have 805 area codes. Yes, we have to dial 719 for local calls.

It's a good idea to have a stable email address and a stable phone number; especially if you are pushing a resume.

We still use Los Angeles Free Net (since the early 1990s) for our primary stable email - it's only about $60/year for three email addresses. With a stable email, we can shop around for cheap high speed ISPs without having to constantly update our email addresses.

I hate getting "Our new email address is...." email messages.

Charles

Old 05-05-2007, 09:26 PM

3,644 posts, read 10,937,498 times
My husband has switched his area code to 719, but I meant the phone number prefix... the first 3 after the area code.

I know what you mean about the email addresses. We'll be keeping ours too, though thankfully, we won't be "pushing resumes".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs