Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 03:06 PM

268 posts, read 1,129,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar54 View Post
BTW, I forgot to say congrats postal. LSU was celebrating too early after their last score in regulation. I think that really motivated the hogs.
Yes, I wasn't holding out much hope until the game got into the second half. Definitely made for a great game, though. It's a ritual every year to have dinner at my grandparent's house and watch the game on Friday. I did make the game in person once when it was in LR. But that was back when I living in the state and going to the school. I miss those days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2007, 06:02 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,729,143 times
Spicy Pickle(R) Announces Two New Restaurant Openings in Colorado Market (broken link)

Old 12-06-2007, 10:27 AM

60 posts, read 315,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfox View Post
Bistro de Pinto downtown is very nice. It's not cheap, but quality and presentation are both very well-done in a tasteful, intimate space.
Culpeper's Louisiana Kitchen which Mike from Back East wrote about is what you're looking for.

Old 12-06-2007, 10:34 AM

Default Casa Diego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Hey gang, here's one we found last night. Not sure how new it is, but we thought the food was really good.

Casa Diego is in Monument. Take I-25 north, exit at Hwy 105, then go right - away from Monument. Go past first light at Jackson Creek, then turn right at second right which is Knollwood, you'll see Casa Diego on the right in a tiny strip mall. Most Saturdays they have a 2-piece combo playing from 6 to 9, nothing loud or brassy, not mariachi music. The other couple we were with know the guitar player, seems he's from Cuba, he came over to our table and sang a melodious ballad for our lady friend.

Food was excellent and very affordable, a really neat place. I loved the Chili Relleno plate, better than any I've had in years, bright flavors. Friendly staff that you can kid around with, a really good time. Big roomy booths seat six full sized adults without crowding. Not a single disappointment the whole time we were there. Right now they've a 12-foot xmas tree in the lobby, topped with a sombrero and a full sized Santa that awed the kids who came in. The place has a large menu of dishes, and numerous margarita choices.

Anyone else been there?

s/Mike
Mike Boyle Restaurant show KVOR 740 AM will be doing a special remote there at the end of Dec. I cut this out from his website for your info:

Monument - Saturday, December 29
I will be hosting a first time event at Casa Diego's Mexican Restaurant just east of I-25 at the Monument exit. I will broadcast from 11 AM-1 PM, and from 10:30 AM-1:30 PM, you can enjoy lunch for two for only $7.40 ($3.70 single). Choose from the fajitas, pork carnitas platter, or their taco platter with chicken or carne asada. They will start the meal with complimentary chips and salsa, and offer specials on both Coors Light and margaritas. May be a good chance to meet friends from the Denver area for a meal.

Old 12-06-2007, 11:02 AM

Default Spicy Pickle

Quote:
Just opened, in the King Soopers center at Union and Briargate, across from the new Memorial Hospital North.

Went today for the first time. LIKED IT! Will return.

Panini sandwiches, soups, salads, subs. Custom made sandwiches.

Far nicer than Subway or Quizno's. Not at all fancy like Panera. No bakery or pastry counter or gourmet coffee. Starbucks is two doors down. Mr. Smoothie is next door.

No selfish ninnies taking up a whole table for 4 at lunchtime, by themselves, to use their silly laptop. I hate that at Panera.

The bread on our Panini was marvelous, light but firmly textured without being tough like the stuff at Panera. Great flavor. The corn and green chili soup had a perfect zing to it.

No doubt a chain, but darned good stuff. Eat in or carry out.

s/Mike
Hey Mike,

Spicy Pickly is great! I work near the first one they built on GOG's and have been there a couple of times. The 1/2 sandwhich with salad is excellent, the Medderean Greek salad is very good. Haven't been to the new one but I happy it there cuz I live near it.

Old 12-06-2007, 01:45 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,846,914 times
Not in COS, but up in Woodland Park. We ate at a nice little bistro back in October, it was in a small strip center next to the old movie theatre. I've probably got the receipt in my tax file so I'll find the name and post it on here.

golfgod

Old 02-11-2008, 12:24 PM

553 posts, read 1,635,443 times
It's time to bump this thread.

Palapas has opened on South Carefree just off Powers. Upscale, fresh seafood. It's outstanding.

They have a Price Fixe menu...an appetizer, an entree, and a dessert for $35. They also have an a la carte menu. This place isn't the Red Lobster; it's gormet quality seafood that was swimming a day or two ago.

Some people might find it a touch pricey, but I found it to be a terrific value. I certainly got my money's worth.

Old 02-11-2008, 12:37 PM

26,206 posts, read 49,012,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post
It's time to bump this thread.

Palapas has opened on South Carefree just off Powers. Upscale, fresh seafood. It's outstanding.

They have a Price Fixe menu...an appetizer, an entree, and dessert for $35. They also have an a la carte menu. This place isn't the Red Lobster; it's gormet quality seafood that was swimming a day or two ago.

Some people might find it a touch pricey, but I found it to be a terrific value. I certainly got my money's worth.
I'm on my way! About the only thing I miss from Bal'mer are crabcakes and good seafood. Most of what we get here comes frozen, even Cod from China, of all places. I'm now working off a box of QVC frozen crabcakes from NC, good, but not great Bal'mer style 100% jumbo lump crabcakes.

Old 02-11-2008, 12:55 PM

553 posts, read 1,635,443 times
Quote:
I'm on my way!
I gotta recommend the 'Scallops of Love' and the 'Master's Bouillabase.' Also, the Ceviche of the Day (appetizer), for the presentation alone (it comes out in nested bowls with dry ice between them, so it hisses and spits).

I'm sure the other dishes are just as good, but I've only been there once (so far).

Old 02-11-2008, 08:40 PM

26,206 posts, read 49,012,208 times
Default Palapa's Surfside Island Dining

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post
I gotta recommend the 'Scallops of Love' and the 'Master's Bouillabase.' Also, the Ceviche of the Day (appetizer), for the presentation alone (it comes out in nested bowls with dry ice between them, so it hisses and spits). I'm sure the other dishes are just as good, but I've only been there once (so far).
Wow! Had a great meal there, just got back home. Hawaiian decor, no TV's except the one at the bar. Long drink list.

Wife had a Gumbo appetizer and Scallops of Love entree.
I had a Crab Napoleon appetizer and Bouillabase entree. When eating the mussels in the soup, I swear I could taste the ocean.
We split a Key Lime Tart for dessert. We had a total of 3 glasses of wine.

Fabulous meal, we will go back. Not cheap. Meal with tax was $116 plus tip. Without wine, $87. Their prix fixe meal is $36/pp, whereas the prix fixe meal in the Penrose Room at the Broadmoor is $62/pp.

Location is just off Powers Blvd. Turn WEST (towards the city) onto SOUTH Carefree and it's immediately on your right. Ironically, there's a Village Inn on the corner, one of my LEAST favorite places.

See: http://www.palapassurfside.com/index.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs