Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 06:40 AM

1,882 posts, read 4,618,086 times

Advertisements

We go to COS, Woodland Park, Divide as often as we can; we'd love to live there. We have a 12yr old son and 9yr old daughter and they really liked the Elephant Bar/grill up by Chappel hills mall. Food is pretty good, kids love it and enjoy the place.

We also took them to a Japanese. place where they make the food on your table. It was w. on A.bluffs/GOG's then to Continental or Centenial(sp's?) in a strip mall, it was on the n. side of strip mall. Anyway, server was great w/kids and the people sitting at the next table were GREAT! They could tell we didn't know what to order and I asked her what to get. She came to our table and showed us what to get and even ordered us some sushi. Really nice people in COS and the area.

This thread has really been nice as I now have 2 places I want to take parents, wife and kids to. Culpepers and Palapas, only cajun we get is what I make and it "ain't" too good.

Woodland Park also has a nice Italian place as your comming in from the springs on the e/right side of hwy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2008, 08:52 AM

227 posts, read 1,044,045 times
Someone was asking about the Greek place near Culpepper's and Nocon's Gelatoria (shopping center at Union and Research). I have to highly recommend them. It's called the Greek Grille. AWESOME Gyros pitas. They also have terrific lamb kabobs. Their tzasiki (white) sauce is very very good, quite authentic from a Greek friend of mine who's been there. This location of the Greek Grille is actually their 2nd restaurant. They also have a Greek Grille at Austin Bluffs and Barnes (in the shopping center where you can go get your driver's license). I've been to both. The wife runs the Austin Bluffs one...the husband runs the Union/Research one. At one point we ate the Austin Bluffs one every Tuesday night before taking my daughter to dance class and got to know the evening shift guy quite well. I think he was the wife's brother.

Also have to highly recommend Culpepper's and Nocon's Gelatoria. I loved the etouffee at Culpepper's. Apparently they also serve breakfast/brunch on the weekends. The husband and wife who run the gelatoria are *extremely* nice people, retired Air Force. Please give them a visit and keep this place in business! The gelato is the best you will find in Colorado Springs. Don't forget to join their frequent diner program (ask about it). I love how you can combine two or even three flavors in the cup so you can have a bunch. My favorite is the Lemon gelato and the Blueberry gelato. My husband likes the hazelnut. During the summer they will try and make seasonal fruit flavors like papaya and mango.

Old 02-14-2008, 12:53 PM

224 posts, read 732,505 times
I just wanted to comment about Culpepers. We went the Friday night before Fat Tuesday. It was packed. Luckily we got there around 5:30 so we were seated quickly. But then the people started to pack in. It's a small place so there wasn't much room for people to wait - no bar. My husband had the Crawfish Etouffee and he really liked it. I had the Shrimp Creole and I thought it was only okay. It didn't have a lot of flavor in my opinion, not at all spicy. Also the Sensation Salad that they mention that comes with your dish is nothing sensational. Pretty much just lettuce. The dish also says it comes with French Bread but I expected a basket of bread to come to the table before the meal and not a little piece with my plate. Anyway I thought it was alright. I'd like to try something else the next time.

Old 02-14-2008, 05:03 PM

2,957 posts, read 8,374,288 times
There's this restaraunt /buffet, on 24 on the right hand side on your way into Manitou. I can't remember the name, but it's got and outside patio, and it's right on the edge of Fountain creek. Anybody know what the name is?

Old 02-14-2008, 05:25 PM

227 posts, read 1,044,045 times
Wines of Colorado?

Old 02-14-2008, 06:35 PM

2,957 posts, read 8,374,288 times
no, that's not it. It's on the tip of my tounge, but I just can't seem to remember what the name is. I love that place, although it isn't what I would call classy, the food is cheap, and good, and I love to sit outside on the patio in the summer.

Oh I got it, duh, It's the Manitou Pancake and Steak House. I'm so stupid I can't believe I couldn't remember that

Last edited by Mike from back east; 02-15-2008 at 08:40 AM.. Reason: merging 2/1

Old 03-08-2008, 05:10 PM

1,331 posts, read 5,081,717 times
I like AI's by tinsel town off of powers (sushi)

Also, Rock Bottom's in the same area. It's in the same parking lot of Old Chicago's.

Manitou has the Cliff House ( many $$$$$) and,....Mona Lisa (fondue)

Old 03-08-2008, 09:06 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,739,305 times
We went to the Mosaic in Palmer Lake last Saturday night. It is a pretty big place so when there are ten or fifteen couples dining the place still looks empty. The food was good, but like most expensive restaurants the portions were sort of small. (Another thing, I am not a picky eater, almost anything tastes good to me. I'm satisfied easily and therefore cheaply. I guess that's an advantage of having low standards.) We had a $25 coupon otherwise we wouldn't have visited an expensive place like that. Fairly nice view of northern Colorado Springs. Very nice interior. Very comfortable.

Old 06-18-2008, 10:25 AM

2,756 posts, read 12,973,561 times
Denver resident here... but I found a great place in the Springs.. Bhan Thai Restaurant, at 4431 Centennial Blvd. There's another location I haven't been to on North Academy.

This one passes my "Would this place make it in Denver?" test with flying colors. Denver has some great Thai places, but I can't say that any offer the value-for-money that Bhan Thai does. (Actually, Denver has a wider selection of Vietnamese food than it does Thai food, anyway).

Bhan Thai is extremely casual and counter service. Prices are cheap -- most entrees are in the $5-$7 range for enormous portions. It's not somewhere that you'd go on a special occasion, but it's perfect for when you get a hankering for a spicy thai curry in a hurry but don't want spend a lot of money.

Oh, I should warn you, like any real Thai place: "Hot" means "hot". Really, really HOT. Even medium has a pretty strong kick to it. Just a warning.

It's not the best Thai food I've had, but it's certainly the best cheap Thai food I've had in a while.

Old 06-18-2008, 01:48 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,739,305 times
Looking to take my company VP out to dinner in a nice place which can accompany about 15 of us, somewhere not too far from Garden of the Gods & I-25. We were considering Walter's Bistro but the night we want to go Walters is having a huge party already. I think Walters is pretty pricey too - never been there.

Probably want something near the intersection above.

Any suggestions? A colleague of mine suggested Marigolds.

Could also try the German Restaurants Edelweiss or Uwes, but they aren't too close.

marigolds loc: cos - Google Maps

Colorado Springs: Marigold Cafe & Bakery - Traveler Reviews - One of the finest locally owned in Colorado Springs - TripAdvisor
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs