Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 08:43 PM

1 posts, read 8,032 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of an affordable instructor-led Spanish class in Colorado Springs that's close to Powers and Stetson Hills? I'd appreciate any information! Thanks in advance for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2007, 11:50 PM

1,312 posts, read 7,916,764 times
Your best bet is to enroll in PPCC and take a class or two.

It's not close in but perhaps they have some Spanish classes up at the north campus.

Sometimes the City Parks and Recreation have foreign language classes http://www.springsgov.com/SectionIndex.asp?SectionID=77 but typically those are offered through the fall, winter and spring months. They vary by location.

Old 05-26-2007, 10:32 AM

77 posts, read 305,526 times
Go and check at the libary near you. They offer FREE spanish classes

Old 01-29-2009, 04:41 PM

1 posts, read 7,330 times
Does anyone know where to go for free spanish classes?

Old 01-14-2010, 07:39 PM

6,824 posts, read 10,520,613 times
Most of the school districts offer Spanish classes for very little $ through Community Education. In your area, you might try D49 or D11.

Old 01-14-2010, 08:10 PM

1,312 posts, read 7,916,764 times
Default Libraries are your friend

Pikes Peak Library District Courses Database - Spanish (http://ppld.org/communityconnections/courses/courses_search.asp?searchmethod=Subject&subject1=S panish - broken link)

Old 07-29-2010, 01:08 PM

1 posts, read 5,979 times
I know of a spanish teacher her rates are not too bad is 25 hr she used to be a High School teacher now shes in the college level. She is from Puerto Rico and very good at giving examples and explanations when I had trouble with some grammar. If you like i can send you her info and you could make the arrangements with her

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiaz View Post
Does anyone know of an affordable instructor-led Spanish class in Colorado Springs that's close to Powers and Stetson Hills? I'd appreciate any information! Thanks in advance for your help!

Last edited by Mike from back east; 07-29-2010 at 01:58 PM.. Reason: Merged 2:1

Old 07-29-2010, 06:38 PM

15 posts, read 104,721 times
A Meetup group I help organize has Spanish Meetups where we get together and speak Spanish. No pressure. If you have even a minimal knowledge of Spanish you'd be welcome! Send me a message if you're interested.

Old 08-02-2010, 12:37 PM

1 posts, read 5,934 times
Default I am interested in your Spanish Meet-up group

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodymango View Post
A Meetup group I help organize has Spanish Meetups where we get together and speak Spanish. No pressure. If you have even a minimal knowledge of Spanish you'd be welcome! Send me a message if you're interested.
let me know

Old 08-09-2010, 08:46 AM

1 posts, read 5,887 times
There is a new Spanish program for kids called the *** Academy. It's just for kids, but perhaps they can tutor adults too. It looks like they have other languages too.

From their website:

Join YakAcademy for an incredible foreign language experience! Our classes and preschool are a great way for kids to build new language skills while still having a blast.

Through a proprietary curriculum, children are immersed in Spanish, Mandarin, and French with fun games, songs and crafts. Our dynamic, native-speaking instructors inspire children to embrace language. It is truly foreign language learning made fun!

Now enrolling in Spanish, French and Mandarin classes for kids AGES 1-10!

Please visit *** Academy | Foreign Language Classes for Kids for more information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs