Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 04:48 AM

162 posts, read 543,607 times

Advertisements

American Heritage was decent but I think they had room for improvement. They need a bigger playground and they need to give a little more space for bigger rigs to get around. It was good for the price though. Another problem we had was someone stole one of our x-chocks. We install one on each side and after a day at Williamsburg, one was gone. That could happen at any campground, but it didn't. It happened at AH, so they get the ding.

We are also in our 30's with one child (maybe more to come) and have been thinking about this for a while too. It might not happen for another 10 years but it's something we're considering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2009, 01:08 PM

1,938 posts, read 7,125,710 times
Now American Heritage has not just the small playground but a 3 story blow up structure with a huge slide and other fun stuff. They have another blow up structure but I don't know what it is.
We too are in our 30s with three kids- 12, 8, and 6. I think it will be DH and I's retirement thing. Right now, he is here at Langley climbing that corporate ladder and I am working on becoming a BCBA. My current adventure is starting an autism program here in Williamsburg, VA. Once we get the kids out of the house we might look at doing it. My brother is in construction/concrete so we already have him lined out to pour the concrete and help with set-up/landscaping. All we need is the $$ to buy the acreage and get started. We want to create an awesome playground, like the one here in Williamsburg- we call it "the boat park" because it is a big Noah's Ark looking boat other fun stuff. Additionally, we want to build a large community rec center where family reunions and weddings can be held. With that being said, beautiful landscaping and mountain views will be an absolute must. Add a huge beautiful patio and pond along with a jumping pillow, we should be good to go.
Can you visualize it?

Old 11-29-2009, 07:45 AM

162 posts, read 543,607 times
Sure, I can visualize it. However, I believe you need to do something to make your park stand out from the rest. Offer something everybody wants but nobody provides. I don't know what that is right now, but that should be consider to make yourself marketable.

Old 11-29-2009, 08:28 AM

1,938 posts, read 7,125,710 times
Me!
JK. Right now we need to get back into town to even do something about it. DH is looking at promotions which would probably keep him here for the moment. He also mentioned a possible transfer to Hawaii. As fun as that may sound to some, I would rather vaca there, not live it. I love my seasons and not a huge beach fan. So, we will see. It might be our retirement job.
As far as having something that the others do not, I liked the idea of a park that I saw in WV. They had a swimming hole with a huge inflatable anchored in the middle. The idea was to climb the large inflatable and be "king of the world"....sorry- titanic came to mind there. It had beach access and it would be neat to have paddle boats too. Also, a large beautiful community room with a killer view for weddings and family reunions- something that is lacking here. The other thought I have is having a jumping pillow.
What do you think?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs