Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 05:20 PM

2 posts, read 12,919 times

Advertisements

We are moving from Wyoming to Falcon, CO in the next few weeks and I cannot find information anywhere on garbage pickup. We will be living in the Woodmen Hills area and I know our water/wastewater will be through the Woodmen Hills Metro District. Does anyone know if garbage pickup is managed by the HOA as well or if it's through the city of Colorado Springs? Also, is curbside recycling offered in Falcon? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2009, 07:57 PM

6,822 posts, read 10,512,019 times
As far as I know, most people just grab a phone book and call some trash companies, decide which one they want to go with, and do business with them. Unless you live in an apartment or something, you arrange trash service yourself directly with any company of your choice. It is not a government service, it is privately contracted.

Old 12-05-2009, 08:07 PM

76 posts, read 311,667 times
Contact Rocky Mountain Disposal. We live in Falcon, but in Meridian Ranch, and this company is used by about 85% of the neighborhood. I think its like $12 a month for pickup. There are other companies that service the area, but I don't know who. Another option is to call your HOA and see who they suggest.

Old 12-05-2009, 09:14 PM

268 posts, read 1,129,837 times
There are several that serve this area. A few others are Best Way and Waste Management. There are some smaller companies as well, too. Any day of the week you can drive through the neighborhood and see cans for other companies.

Old 12-06-2009, 09:48 AM

2 posts, read 12,919 times
Thanks for the info. I have never lived somewhere that the city didn't provide trash pickup so I'm glad I asked or I would've been very confused once we moved.

Old 12-07-2009, 10:02 AM

120 posts, read 371,546 times
I live in Woodmen Hills and second Rangerspouse's suggestion. There are differences between trash companies. Some recycle more than others, if that's important to you. I think they all charge extra for it (which makes no sense to me, but that's the way it is). We use Rocky Mtn Disposal. Tell them that you live in Woodmen Hills and ask if their discount still applies. It used to.

Old 12-10-2009, 11:38 PM

149 posts, read 323,027 times
I live in Falcon in the Falcon Hills community which is right next to Woodmen Hills. We use Bestway and we are very happy with their service. For example, i have forgotten to place my trash out on a few occasions and the Bestway crew knocked on my door to remind me. We pay $66.75 every three months for a 96 gallon trash can. You also can place a single glad bag out every week at no additional charge. Additional bags beyond one I think are $1.00 a piece but sometimes (most times) are not added to the bill unless you set out many additional bags (spring cleanup of the yard).

Old 12-10-2009, 11:47 PM

432 posts, read 1,202,408 times
Completely concur on Bestway. Astounding service. I forgot to put my trash and recyling bin out one morning, and they went around to the back of the house and found them. But even more -- I had dozens of boxes to get rid of after moving in (and they give you four weeks after your goods arrive with no limit on the number of empty boxes/moving materials) and also forgot to put those out. I called them, and they called the driver and he came back around later in the day.

Old 12-11-2009, 07:44 AM

26,208 posts, read 49,017,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogon View Post
Completely concur on Bestway. Astounding service. I forgot to put my trash and recyling bin out one morning, and they went around to the back of the house and found them. But even more -- I had dozens of boxes to get rid of after moving in (and they give you four weeks after your goods arrive with no limit on the number of empty boxes/moving materials) and also forgot to put those out. I called them, and they called the driver and he came back around later in the day.
People LOVE those clean moving boxes, simply put an ad on craigslist or your local FreeCycle.org list and you'll have lots of takers and you'll keep that stuff out of the landfill or the recyclers for a while longer.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 12-15-2009, 09:53 AM

47 posts, read 160,978 times
I Just moved here and decided to use bestway. I love the single stream recycling! They ended up being much cheaper than WM after you add up all the little fees WM tacks on. They are also very friendly and much easier to get on the phone than WM. Its always nice to talk to a real person rather than a recording. I had my moving boxes out for the moving company the other day and they came up to the house to ask if I wanted them to take them they were very courteous and even apologized for interrupting my morning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs