Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2009, 03:36 AM

2 posts, read 8,714 times

Advertisements

We're moving to Wolf Ranch in the spring, and I'm looking for a preschool for my son who will turn 3 this summer. I saw something online about some D20 elementary schools having a preschool, but there wasn't too much info.

I'm specifically interested in Ranch Creek Elementary, since we'll be living very close. Contact info, or how to register, etc. I sent an email to the D20 question/comment inbox but haven't heard back.

I also heard that the Briargate YMCA has a preschool. Anyone know anything about this?

I want to find somewhere close to Wolf Ranch (within 10 min) that has a 2 or 3 day/week morning only option.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2009, 07:42 AM

1,938 posts, read 7,122,984 times
http://www.asd20.org/education/compo...ondetailid=990
I believe you will need to set up an appointment first. Click on the link above and they will direct you. The way D20's prek program works is like all of the other public programs in town- they serve students with special needs and allow x amount of typical peers into the program. Several programs have waiting lists.
I haven't been involved with the prek program for 3 yrs now so things might be slightly different but its a step for you. Hope it helps.

Old 12-25-2009, 11:01 PM

2 posts, read 8,714 times
Thanks. I'm overseas right now, so am hoping to do whatever I can before we get there. The link you sent didn't work, I'll see if I can find something on the district website.

I'm having a hard time staying up late enough to call during business hours so email contact with them is best for me.

Old 12-26-2009, 09:14 AM

Default preschool

Sorry! I can't seem to make it work either. Here is what I did though so you can mimic the same actions and get there.
Go to their website, click on search, use "preschool" as your search word, and then click the third underlined link that says "Academy School D20 Enrollment 0708SAVE". In case it doesn't work- here are the published phone numbers that I copied and pasted. No email addresses are given.

Julie Holiday Asst Director for Special Eduation 234-1328
Mary Jeanne Benner-Knopp Child Find Coordinator 234-1755
Sandy Baum Secretary 234-1751
Jenny Bernhardt Secretary 234-1752

Old 12-28-2009, 12:04 PM

3,644 posts, read 10,936,800 times
Here are the two most important things to know at this point in your move:

1) There is a waiting list
2) You cannot sign up on the waiting list until AFTER you arrive
3) Keep all immunization paperwork, birth certs, lease, etc in one spot/folder so that you can take care of it right away
4) Call right away after your move - the sooner the better. One week can make a difference
and most importantly
5) If your child is not potty trained, they are not going to be allowed in the program, possibly not on the waiting list

Briargate YMCA's "preschool" program is part of their daycare. Most daycares now use the word "preschool" in them, but unless you need an actual daycare, you will find that preschools that are not daycare-in-disguise are better programs. (One quick way to tell the difference - if they allow children in diapers or pull ups, they are a daycare-in-disguise)

Old 12-28-2009, 12:36 PM

There is a waiting list everywhere and you must have an address to be able to get on. This is in all districts. If your child is special needs, your child will not need to be potty trained. I worked with several kiddos who had had CP or downs who weren't potty trained.
I would have more recommendations for preschools in Fountain but am at a loss with the northern end of town. My SIL also did Montessori- its okay.

Old 01-20-2010, 10:06 AM

25 posts, read 72,685 times
My kiddos went to preschool at Springs Community Church (Woodmen & Lexington). It was a great experience! They learned a lot and were loved on a bunch too Here's a link if you want to check it out...Springs Community Church - Preschool - Preschool

Good luck with your search!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs