Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2009, 01:25 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,452,401 times

Advertisements

I thought this was funny and kind of kewl for our part of the state so I decided to post it and see what everyone thought.

This is from the Gazette

"Whatever one’s answer to that is, the CU and CSU systems have been competing for some of the same students for many years. What’s new is that since Pueblo’s University of Southern Colorado became CSU-Pueblo, the competition has been localized."

The link: http://www.gazette.com/news/pueblo-91483-href-commercials.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2010, 09:01 AM

1,938 posts, read 7,122,984 times
I don't think its funny, I think its good in the sense more competition for business which means each entity will strive even harder to attract and keep students. I know lots of students who would travel down to Pueblo for school, they have a great rep. Why do you think its funny?

Old 01-02-2010, 03:51 PM

I agree that is it good for us, I have said for a while now that in the next 10 to 20 years UCCS and CSU Pueblo are going to be the two fastest growing schools and will have huge impact on their community.

What I found funny was how the paper talked about both schools just look a this sentence:

"but the little-college-that-could from the south "

I just liked his humor in this editorial and how he made fun of both schools while at the same time getting his point across. In the future I would like to see both school continue to grow and develop the same kind of fun rivalry that CSU Fort Collins has with CU Boulder. Perhaps UCCS could someday get a football team, that would be fun.

IMO this article is proof enough that Colorado Springs and Pueblo has a bright future in this state and will be a even more important part to the state and region as this century goes on.

Old 01-02-2010, 04:32 PM

6,813 posts, read 10,510,104 times
Unless budgeting problems for higher education in Colorado are fixed, these two schools will not reach anywhere near their potential any time soon.

Old 01-02-2010, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otowi View Post
Unless budgeting problems for higher education in Colorado are fixed, these two schools will not reach anywhere near their potential any time soon.
That depends. I have heard that if the budget issues are not resolved that some colleges and universities in Colorado could be shut down. More then likely it will be your smaller schools in places like Alamosa or Grand Junction and Gunnision. If that's the case then you could see enrollment at CSU Pueblo and UCCS go up faster as there are less colleges for students to choose from.

I have, also, heard depending on how bad the budget gets you could see a university close down in Pueblo or Colorado Springs. It will be interesting to see what schools make it and my bet is on Pueblo since we are more convenient for southern Colorado students to attend while the Springs is in between Pueblo and Denver.

As they say its all about location, location location
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs