Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 09:03 AM

25 posts, read 72,685 times

Advertisements

My fav's are Thai Basil, Paravinci's, and Bird Dog B-B-Q...yum!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2010, 10:53 PM

38 posts, read 186,282 times
Le Creperie (french), Saigon Cafe (vietnamese), San Chang House (korean), Mackenzie's Chop House (steak), Phantom Canyon Brewery (brewpub).

Old 01-21-2010, 07:26 AM

35 posts, read 142,882 times
Have you tried Tong Tong Korean on South Academy? I like it better than San Chang now.

Old 01-21-2010, 07:53 PM

33 posts, read 135,391 times
Bird Dog BBQ. It is *so* good.

Old 01-24-2010, 06:53 PM

2 posts, read 6,616 times
Default Fusion World Cuisine

Fusion World Cuisine

This is THE place that you MUST go if you love good food!!!

Old 01-25-2010, 12:36 PM
SYS

339 posts, read 1,171,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyjin View Post
Fusion World Cuisine

This is THE place that you MUST go if you love good food!!!
Well, I'm going to have to try this place. As far as a "MUST" restaurant that offers a "Colorado Springs-UNIQUE" dining experience, I'm one of those who don't believe there's one in Colorado Springs or anywhere near. Over the years I've developed nothing but pessimism in CS when it comes to a great dining experience like the ones in San Francisco or L.A. (Okay, I'm spoiled! ) Since CS is no comparison to SF or L.A., I've been only asking for ONE - yet none!

Old 01-25-2010, 03:36 PM

553 posts, read 1,635,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SYS View Post
As far as a "MUST" restaurant that offers a "Colorado Springs-UNIQUE" dining experience, I'm one of those who don't believe there's one in Colorado Springs or anywhere near. .....Since CS is no comparison to SF or L.A., I've been only asking for ONE - yet none!
The Craftwood is certainly unique and Colorado-specific. And the Penrose Room is comparable to the best restaurants even in LA or SF.

Old 01-25-2010, 04:08 PM

18,208 posts, read 25,840,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by froggin4colorado View Post
When I go back to visit, I know I would hit Senor Manuals for a chicken enchilada or fajitas, Mona Lisa for dinner, a breakfast smoothie at Chicks in Security- Red Razzleberry, Or Alfonzo's chorizo burrito for breakfast. The kids would insist on doing Solo's for lunch so they can eat on the plane, Poor Richards for a slice of pizza and the toy story/library, and Giuseppes for pizza and the train experience. DH would insist on Senor Manuals and Texas Roadhouse (which is chain but its where he got his steak).
froggin4colorado is right about Senor Manuals. It's on north Nevada, I know that part of the Springs as I grew up near there in the Cragmor area. It's a great place to eat, has been around for a long time! I've eaten there several times, have never been disappointed!

Old 01-25-2010, 09:03 PM
SYS

339 posts, read 1,171,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post
The Craftwood is certainly unique and Colorado-specific. And the Penrose Room is comparable to the best restaurants even in LA or SF.
Well, I just found out today that by sending your email to rewards@craftwood.com, they'll give you $25 gift certificate. They sent out a round of gift certificates today, and they'll do another round tomorrow. Guess I'll give the restaurant a try....

Old 01-26-2010, 08:46 AM

553 posts, read 1,635,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SYS View Post
Well, I just found out today that by sending your email to rewards@craftwood.com, they'll give you $25 gift certificate. They sent out a round of gift certificates today, and they'll do another round tomorrow. Guess I'll give the restaurant a try....
Good luck. I enjoy the Craftwood because of its Colorado menu. Lots of wild game. Elk and boar and such. It's not cheap. But it IS outstanding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs