Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 07:34 PM

3,135 posts, read 11,893,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorispoole View Post
I heard that black people are not welcome in woodland park is that turth? I'm thinking of buying a home there and wonder would my children be welcome?
I wouldn't say they are not welcome, there just isn't many black people living in this town. I can't think of any black people, and I've lived here for almost 3 years. But that doesn't mean there aren't any.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2010, 09:25 PM

6,824 posts, read 10,520,613 times
I can't think of anything about Woodland Park or people I know there to suggest that anyone wouldn't be welcome. But it is mostly a white town currently - I don't think that's because others aren't welcome, though.

Old 08-27-2010, 04:13 PM

462 posts, read 1,009,254 times
We lived in Woodland Park in 1989-91 just after we were married. We lived on Gold Mountain ... trying to remember the street we lived on. The street ... if crossing Hwy 24 would run into the parking lot for City Market. It was a wonderful time to live there and we just loved it. We went up about 3 years ago in late summer from New Mexico. Just wondering, for folks who live there now.... Do you like living in Woodland Park? What do you like about it? On the other hand, what could be improved? We are going to be retiring (somewhere) in a year or two from Eastern New Mexico. Are there many people in the area who are in their 60s, etc.? I'd love to hear anything you have to say about the area (entire Ute Pass area)....

Old 02-02-2011, 10:21 PM

7 posts, read 23,236 times
Default Moving to Woodland Park, Need Info :-)

My family and I are going to be moving to the Colorado Springs area next March. We'll be working in Woodland Park and we are looking to find a nice rental home in that area. I have been looking on several websites just to get an idea as to which area would be nicest (whether in the Springs, or in WP) and I'm really leaning towards Woodland Park. It would be close to work and I like the small town idea. One of my questions is how many rental homes are available on average? And what's the average price for a 2 bedroom rental home per month? There doesn't seem to be much of a selection from what I can find, but I may not be looking in the right spots!

We're going to be needing new furniture and I was looking for an affordable furniture store in the WP/springs area with quality furniture. I've came across American Furniture, but I see there have been several bad reviews of the store. Any ideas/opinions are welcome!

Also, what kind of cell phone coverage is available in the Woodland Park area? We currently have Verizon, but don't want to renew our contracts if there is a provider with better coverage in the area.

Thanks for any info you guys can give me!!!

Old 02-03-2011, 04:22 PM

3,135 posts, read 11,893,349 times
You can rent a newer home for about $1,000. Often a home in Columbine Village will be for rent. They are 3 bedroom/2 baths with attached 2 car garage. Very close to other houses and are cookie cutter stucco homes. But newer and cheap.

Check out this link:

www.ppar.com
Click on Rentals. This will give you most of the rentals that are available.

Verizon is excellent in WP, a long with Sprint. I personally have Verizon and get 3G and great reception. I've heard AT&T is not so hot.

I love American Furniture. I have bought our dining table set, couch, and full bedroom set from them. They have the largest inventory, are a local Colorado company, and offer good stuff at a good price. Some people don't like them because they want more expensive and rare stuff, so they go to Ethan Allen and pay 3x more. Furniture Row is expensive and not a great selection. There is a large used furniture store off Platte that is popular but I'd rather buy new for a little bit more money. If you got $$, Tweeds in Woodland Park (across street from Walmart) has some pretty nice furniture from what I've heard.

Just ask any more questions you may have. Where you going to be working, if I may ask?

Old 02-03-2011, 04:34 PM

69 posts, read 223,596 times
AT&T sucks in WP, no 3G coverage up here (just EDGE for data).

I saw a 'bank owned' or similar sign on Tweeds' lot the other day...not sure what's going on with that business, if they're moving or what? I like that store and hope they're OK.

Old 10-13-2013, 03:52 AM

1 posts, read 566 times
I am half asian half white female and while I'm from the east coast I was sent to woodland park highschool for my last 2 years of highschool and while I'm used to diversity the students and some faculity wasn't during the time I was there I felt like an extreme outcast everyone there dressed in more southern clothing while I from the east coast were more fashionably their aren't many other races there besides white so I stood out fast and the whole time I was there I was called ***** eggroll or I don't like you because your asian I often turned into a loner and got dirty stares from girls basically the place sucks and I'm so glad I'm free from that place it truly left a scar on me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs