Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 10:07 AM

1,836 posts, read 3,167,339 times

Advertisements

This is right across from where I work. Its a nice area, VERY close to the foothills and Garden of the Gods. Some people I work with have lived there and I have not heard any complaints, but maybe someone else can provide more details.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2010, 10:19 AM

17 posts, read 35,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beezle1 View Post
This is right across from where I work. Its a nice area, VERY close to the foothills and Garden of the Gods. Some people I work with have lived there and I have not heard any complaints, but maybe someone else can provide more details.
this was spring canyon your talking about? Or Old Colorado City?

here is spring canyon apartments

Google Maps

Old 03-26-2010, 11:16 AM

Sorry, yes I was talking about Spring Canyon.

Old 03-26-2010, 11:38 AM

on the map, what is tha huge center across the street, up and to the left???? a mall, giant church?

Old 03-26-2010, 11:46 AM

553 posts, read 1,636,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DucatiTorrey View Post
on the map, what is tha huge center across the street, up and to the left???? a mall, giant church?
No. It's a call center. I'm not sure who's in it right now, but MCI operated out of that facility for a lot of years. I doubt it's currently at anywhere near 100% capacity.

Old 03-26-2010, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post
No. It's a call center. I'm not sure who's in it right now, but MCI operated out of that facility for a lot of years. I doubt it's currently at anywhere near 100% capacity.

Yes, across 30th street from those apartments is where Verizon (formerly MCI) is, with much of their IT staff. It is not at full capacity anymore, and some parts of the building are being leased out (to ACS call center), or are currently for lease. Much of this end of Garden of the Gods Road are similar businesses, but going north on 30th and up Flying W you will be back into residential.

Old 03-26-2010, 01:29 PM

There are a couple other apartment complexes in that general area that I recall.

I cannot remember the names, except for this one. Next time I drive into work I will make a note to write them down.

Grand Centennial Apartments, just north on Centennial. 5225 Zachary Grv, Colorado Springs, CO 80919

Old 03-26-2010, 01:51 PM

perfect yeah if you could that would be awesome. What is there to do for fun around here, i know there's hiking and stuff, is there any good mt biking trails? bars? concert venues? anyone into motorcycles? thanks!

jim

Old 03-26-2010, 01:58 PM

553 posts, read 1,636,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DucatiTorrey View Post
perfect yeah if you could that would be awesome. What is there to do for fun around here, i know there's hiking and stuff, is there any good mt biking trails? bars? concert venues? anyone into motorcycles? thanks!

jim
Hiking? Tons. Garden of the Gods is just a stone's throw from those apartments.

Mountain Biking? Tons. Cheyenne Canyon has the Cap'n Jack's trail, which is pretty highly regarded. Then, you have all of Pike National Forest a short drive away.

Bars? Best scene is probably downtown, but the Trinity Brew Pub is crawling distance from those apartments.

Concert venues? A little slim. The World Arena brings in some concerts, but your best bet is to head to Denver to Red Rocks or Fiddler's Green.

Motorcycles? Lots, but I won't be a lot of help here on the specifics. They do a couple big rallys from COS up to Cripple Creek in the summer. I would imagine there are countless good rides up in the mountains.

Old 03-26-2010, 02:09 PM

You can walk to Garden of the Gods from there - probably about 1/2 mile from Spring Canyon. Its very scenic, some nice walking paths, but I would not really call it hiking, and some people rock climb there, but I think permits are required. Might be able to walk to Trinity Brewing company from there too (east on Garden of the Gods), but other than that, not much else within walking distance. Most of the bars are downtown in Colorado Springs (maybe a 10 minute drive). We don't really have any good concert venues, other than just local bands - usually have to drive up to Denver for the more popular concerts. We do have World Arena which usually has a familiar name there a few times a year.

For hiking, I would say you probably have some really nice trails within 20-30 minute drive from there, maybe some less than that. I am not a mountain biker, but I know that is very popular in this area so maybe some others can chime in with where the good places are for that. I have seen many in Cheyenne Mountain State Park (about 20 minutes south) - seems like they must have some popular mountain bike trails there.

Can't help with the motorcycle question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs