Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2010, 03:04 PM

1 posts, read 1,692 times

Advertisements

I'm moving to Colorado springs and have never been there.I'm currently living in South Florida and have grown up in Florida.Why is Colorado Springs so great and what should I know about moving to snow and such a drastic location change

How is the job situation in Colorado Springs are there jobs or are most people struggling

Last edited by Mike from back east; 03-29-2010 at 03:23 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2010, 03:22 PM

26,202 posts, read 48,994,276 times
Here's our story on why we moved here from the DC area. Lots to like here, especially the lack of humidity and bugs.

Jobs are a bit scarce here right now, but should be something in an area of 500k people, mostly retail or food jobs, maybe a few others. Try the local newspaper site for job listings, or craigslist.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 04-05-2010, 08:50 PM

1,134 posts, read 3,187,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyann5308 View Post
I'm moving to Colorado springs and have never been there.I'm currently living in South Florida and have grown up in Florida.Why is Colorado Springs so great and what should I know about moving to snow and such a drastic location change

How is the job situation in Colorado Springs are there jobs or are most people struggling
I lived in sw fla for several years. I'm not an expert on CS since I don't live there...yet. Here's what I'll tell you that I like about CS over S Fla. Lack of humidity is really nice. Some people complain about it being too dry and having to use lotion and getting nose bleeds. Those people want something to complain about if you ask me. Temperatures are much more tolerable. I was always very annoyed at how flat Flordia was and someone told me about an area around Orlando with "rolling hills." What a joke. I love Colorado because most of the cities are located on the front range meaning they cities themselves tend to be flat with a mountainous backdrop. The cities are easy to get around in and close to amazing recreation. If you haven't been to any mountain in the west you will be amazed. Comapred to the mountains of the east coast, the rockies are more geared toward outdoor activites. It's easier to have fun. Colorado is a wonderful place but nothing like Florida.

Old 04-07-2010, 02:03 AM

19 posts, read 54,621 times
Well, weather wise, humidity is at a minimum compared to FL. Snow is expected from November to maybe around March, and can get fairly cold. The cold weather can be a complaint for some but invest in a nice jacket, and some good sweaters and you shouldn't worry much. really the cold from late fall to early spring should be the only concern for you. Summers Are perfect! Oh, and CO Springs get's quite a bit of sun, probably more than FL.

Colorado Springs, Colorado - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia <---- did a nice job summarizing the weather and some job markets.

Having the mountains is great! When you hear of people talking about lots to do, they are really pooling the statement from outdoor activities and night life in denver ie. snow skiing, rock climbing, hiking, pikes peak, Rocky Mountain Nation Monument, close lakes, denver night life, bar scene (lots of great breweries in the denver area), easy traveling with the Denver airport. i guess when thinking about colorado's image, a lot of it has to do with Denver, but naturally CO Springs shares a lot of it with Denver, being only an hour away.

There are a lot services and robust companies that specify on tourism. hence why it's a large apart of the economy.

I actually grew up in NM, but went to CO Springs and Denver almost 3-5 times a year. We had several family friends and relatives in the area, and we were never bored. i always kind of felt left out when i'd go back home and remembered how fun the area can be. My biggest advice would be save up for a while, fly out to denver, rent a car, and take a few days with a friend to explore CO Springs and the area in early summer. you will be busy every minute! =)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs