Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 11:31 AM

48 posts, read 334,697 times

Advertisements

Who makes the best Chinese food? It took me forever in Kansas to find a Chinese food place that makes great tasting Chinese food. Also do they deliver? And also is there any all you can eat buffets that have a mixture of chinese food and American food? Thanks everyone I'm asking because its my husbands bday today and he loves chinese food especially all you can eat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2010, 12:16 PM
SYS

339 posts, read 1,172,097 times
As an Asian I'm most disappointed with ALL Asian restaurants -- Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Vietnamese -- in Colorado Springs with a few that are tolerable enough to patronize once in awhile. As far as the Chinese buffet goes, the Empire Buffet on Academy and Vickers is pretty decent.

Old 04-06-2010, 12:24 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,038,592 times
Here's the thread on Chinese buffet places in COLO SPGS. If anyone wants to comment about BUFFET places, use the BUFFET thread.

Decent Chinese restaurants is a good topic. Use this thread to talk about Chinese RESTAURANTS.

The New Panda way up north on Voyager is decent, and they have two locations more to the south side.

Right behind the Empire Buffet (Vickers and N. Academy) is the Silver Pond, which is highly rated and we thought it was very good.

My wife loves P. F. Changs up in the Shops at Briargate. I find it pretty good, but it just seems too corporate, no Chinese people in sight.

The Indy newspaper has a FOOD section, with ratings of hundreds of places, searchable by type of food.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 04-06-2010 at 01:47 PM..

Old 04-06-2010, 12:48 PM

35 posts, read 142,914 times
Overseas 101 in the Target Shopping center at Union and Academy is pretty good. Not many people know about it and that just adds to the charm. It's cheap food and you get a lot for your money. The lady working their will remember your order on your next visit. If you ask for spicy, just remember 5 times spicy is pretty darn warm. During the week for lunch, I can get out of there for less than $10 and be so full I can hardly walk out.

Old 04-06-2010, 07:22 PM

278 posts, read 449,756 times
IMHO, this is the best one in town - order from menu only - no buffet: Shangrila Restaurant,
8850 North Union Boulevard, (719) 495-1738.

Old 04-06-2010, 09:06 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,038,592 times
The Indy just come out with its Insider special edition which includes reviews of restaurants. Five Chinese places are recommend.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 04-11-2010, 06:12 PM

11 posts, read 28,108 times
There are no really good authentic Chinese restaurants in COS. We drive to the dim sum places and restaurants in Denver. I've tried PF Changs, Silverpond & Empire Buffet. Pretty much Americanized Chinese food.

Went to decent Chinese take out Rong Cheng on Academy.

Old 04-11-2010, 10:03 PM

1,225 posts, read 4,921,996 times
Quote:
There are no really good authentic Chinese restaurants in COS. We drive to the dim sum places and restaurants in Denver. I've tried PF Changs, Silverpond & Empire Buffet. Pretty much Americanized Chinese food.
I've been to rural mainland China and I'll take 'Americanized Chinese food' anyday over 'Chinesed Chinese food'. I was never so hungry for a Big Mac and Mexican food. And I'm Asian.

Old 04-12-2010, 08:24 AM

11 posts, read 28,108 times
I guess "best" is such a subjective word. Yes, there are lots of great Americanized Chinese restaurants in COS. I was offering my two cents about "authentic". Lived on both coasts growing up eating SF Chinatown food. Lived in Boston for a few years eating that Chinese stuff. I'm thinking that's Americanized to some degree too, not like the stuff you'd get on the mainland of China so I guess it's all relative.

Old 04-12-2010, 10:45 AM

1,742 posts, read 3,116,567 times
I think you will be pleasantly surprised eating at An Nam. We ate there last week and it was excellent. It's off Mesa Ridge Parkway. RP
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs