Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 09:06 PM

14 posts, read 31,326 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I will be visiting Colorado Springs in two months and would like to know which hotels are close to everything/downtown area.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2010, 09:10 PM

26,214 posts, read 49,044,521 times
The Antler's Hilton, superb place, smack in downtown.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 04-19-2010, 09:32 AM

Thanks. I will look into this hotel. Is this in walking distance to everything? I read that the Front Range Express offers transportation between Denver and Colorado Springs, but due to budget cuts service is limited and only runs on weekdays. Is this true?

Old 04-19-2010, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.I.A. View Post
Thanks. I will look into this hotel. Is this in walking distance to everything? I read that the Front Range Express offers transportation between Denver and Colorado Springs, but due to budget cuts service is limited and only runs on weekdays. Is this true?
Yes, the Antler's is walking distance to all of the downtown area: Pikes Peak Performing Arts Center is one block south; city hall, municipal court and the El Paso County office buildings are just a few blocks away; tons of eateries; movies; community college is one block north; main library is two blocks north; and Colorado College is maybe a mile north.

FREX is weekday only.

Old 04-21-2010, 11:03 AM

Thanks. I've decided on the Econo Lodge because honestly, I need a budget hotel/motel as I plan to visit Denver as well and some states in the East.

Old 04-26-2010, 01:42 PM

Is there transportation between Manitou Springs and Colorado Springs. Do I need a vehicle to maneuver around CO? I plan to visit parks, pikes peak railway and other popular attraction. Would I face difficulty staying in downtown CO?

Old 04-26-2010, 06:40 PM

1,938 posts, read 7,125,710 times
Shoot, book a cheap hotel in Manitou Springs and grab the city bus around town. There are some great cheapies and you can hop that bus everywhere. Ideally, you need a bus to get around town in COS. COS's city transit system isn't the best...compared to out east! Plan on being on the bus for 2 hours to get from end of town to downtown.

Old 04-26-2010, 06:56 PM

Yes, the OP could do that, stay in Manitou, lots of places to eat there, walk to the cog train, etc. It'd be an easy bicycle trip down Colorado Ave from Manitou to downtown COLO SGPS, maybe all of 4 miles on mostly flat terrain.

Old 04-26-2010, 08:13 PM

Thanks. Is there a public bus that goes to Garden of the Gods or would I need a car? The same for Pike Peak Railway. I've driven before in NYC, but I do have my jitters, especially in a place I am not familiar with. Then again, I'm sure COS drivers are not as aggressive as NYC'ers so the driving shouldn't be stressful.

Old 04-26-2010, 08:15 PM

6,824 posts, read 10,520,613 times
You can walk to GOG from Manitou. The Railway you should drive - no bus goes up there. I think you should rent a car with gps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs