Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2010, 09:58 PM

1 posts, read 2,090 times

Advertisements

My boyfriend and i are moving to colorado springs area around this november/december. I am curious as to the best places to live for racial diversity. He is black, and i am white. We want to live somewhere that is somewhat mixed in racial presentation, obviously. Also... any comments on the best places to live around the colorado springs/peublo/denver area would be of great help!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2010, 02:28 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,932,444 times
Just be yourselves, live wherever you want, and don't care about what others think.

Old 04-15-2010, 06:48 AM

6,823 posts, read 10,516,715 times
Anywhere in the Springs should be fine. If you want to see more people that look like you, you might consider areas where military families live, such as Fountain.

Old 04-15-2010, 09:52 PM

138 posts, read 304,929 times
Otowi, I agree with you ,because they see no color,since I was the product of mix couple an I grew up with people like me (smile) did not experience that I was different until we moved to the south,Colorado Springs rocks my dad served sixteen yrs.

Old 04-15-2010, 10:45 PM

1,312 posts, read 7,915,731 times
I don't know of any pockets around the city that are not diverse. Er that would not welcome you because you're a bi-racial couple.

One of the advantages of Colorado Springs is the fact we do have a huge population of military making it more diverse (racially) than other places around Colorado. It's still a majority of white but I can't think of any specific neighborhood in C Springs that would be racist in that manner. Individuals, on the other hand, that's a crap shoot in any town or city. For as conservative as we are broadcast around the boards and in other places around the 'net and in media, we have a pretty awesome city in that regard.

The key things to be asking from this point would be where is a good place to live within your price range. If you have or going to have children, schooling and the usual. There is a great resource for those: //www.city-data.com/forum/color...ics-photo.html

If you can't find the answers there, ask away!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs