Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 06:43 PM

648 posts, read 2,939,839 times

Advertisements

There are alot of new townhomes in our area. You can also get used ones. There are some right by my house. I can send you more information if you would like. SHEP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2006, 12:51 PM
JEM JEM started this thread

33 posts, read 54,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east
JEM: In the past couple of years or so, @$3B has been spent on new or expanded hospitals and medical facilties in Colorado. In Colorado Springs there are 3 new hospitals going in, as Shep said earlier.
Thanks Mike. You're a big help Those links will come in handy. I opened one up and found a few jobs that seem perfect for me. Not that I'll go for those job, but it's good to know. They offer part-time with benefits which is great. We plan on looking for jobs after we're settled.

I take it the Northside of CS is the best? Which of those links are places located in the Northside area?

Can you name some specific areas, and do you know of any condos there...the names of them...so I can look them up?

Also, what cable providers service CS? I've got Comcast here. I called them, and they don't service CS.

This may sound crazy, but if my husband can't watch his Red Sox and N.E. Patriot's games, he won't move to that place. I know that Comcast, for example, offers a special channel that can be purchased that offers all the games everywhere.

I can't count on a satellite dish because most condos don't allow them. I'll have to call the cable provider in CS to see if they offer such a channel.

Thanks again Mike...and to everyone helping me on this thread.

Old 08-05-2006, 12:53 PM
JEM JEM started this thread

33 posts, read 54,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bashep
There are alot of new townhomes in our area. You can also get used ones. There are some right by my house. I can send you more information if you would like. SHEP
That would be great if you can send them via PM. This is the Northside you're referring to? We're looking for one level condos only.

Thanks SHEP.

Old 08-05-2006, 01:21 PM

137 posts, read 774,292 times
Adelphia is our cable provider; I think that Comcast is buying them out.

Old 01-25-2007, 07:38 PM

1 posts, read 1,814 times
Default Altitude trouble

I moved to Woodland Park from Denver. Never had heart trouble until moving just a few thousand feet higher. Now I have to be on oxygen and I'm only 39. It is beautiful in Colorado Springs but the altitude CAN make a big difference if there is any heart condition. It can be a much bigger deal than people realize. Last year 4 neighbors had to move lower! I suggest taking a vacation to see if you can adjust to the altitude change. Good Luck!

Old 01-29-2007, 09:29 AM

53 posts, read 451,631 times
Default Definately check your health

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodland park fan View Post
I moved to Woodland Park from Denver. Never had heart trouble until moving just a few thousand feet higher. Now I have to be on oxygen and I'm only 39. It is beautiful in Colorado Springs but the altitude CAN make a big difference if there is any heart condition. It can be a much bigger deal than people realize. Last year 4 neighbors had to move lower! I suggest taking a vacation to see if you can adjust to the altitude change. Good Luck!
We lived up in Teller County for 6 years. After a couple of years my wife's migraines started getting worse...and worse...and worse for the next 4 years. We finally had to move down to the Springs. If you have issues with health, you need to be careful. Colorado Springs is at about 6000 ft. so it will be a big change from Mass. I agree with the idea of making a visit before you decide to move.

Old 07-21-2007, 11:15 PM

13 posts, read 51,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bashep View Post
Hey Jem-

There is a few places you could look into in the Springs. Down by Patty Jewit Golf Course there are older homes, that don't have alot of kids. Really neat homes. Also, over in Old Colorado City too. Let me know if you want links and I can send them to you. You will love it here, to be able to wake up and look out your window to Pikes Peak is priceless. SHEP
Wife and I live about 2 blocks from Patty Jewit and love it here. Only about 5 minutes to downtown.

Old 07-26-2007, 09:03 AM

25 posts, read 80,878 times
Try ppar.com to search the MLS and craigslist when searching make sure you look in condos and town homes they will be listed under both.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs