Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 01:53 PM

727 posts, read 1,366,058 times

Advertisements

Wait...Back up...No Trader Joe's? That's just not right, on so many different levels. Do you at least have a Wegman's?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2010, 03:14 PM

2,437 posts, read 8,182,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrera32 View Post
Wait...Back up...No Trader Joe's? That's just not right, on so many different levels. Do you at least have a Wegman's?
We DO have a Trader Joe's... just take I25 south through town and then on down to Santa Fe. It's about 8-9 hours round trip but well worth it to get your Chuck and JoJo's fix. Or do like we do, and anytime friends come visit from out of town make them bring an extra duffel bag full of TJ's goodies to you.

Old 05-10-2010, 03:29 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,031,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrera32 View Post
No TJ's in COLO, read all about it in this existing thread. When I was in AZ last year I stocked up on Two Buck Chuck (FYI: Charles Shaw Wines, the house wine at TJ's, $2.99/bottle). No Wegman's either, though it would be nice to have one here, it's like DisneyLand for foodies. Closest thing we have is Whole Foods, aka Whole Paycheck.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 05-10-2010, 06:55 PM

55 posts, read 120,304 times
i'm a moderate/liberal and am still searching for happiness here. i have lived in moderate places (iowa, stl), a liberal place (portland) and now conservative (springs). by far portland was the nicest/most interesting place. when i go out i like to get food other than denny's, village inn, perkins, ihop, waffle house, etc. after 9 pm.

and it's not conservative in the personal responsibility sort of way. it is conservative like everything that public benefits from is considered welfare. so much for parks, public transit. yet, a ton of people have gov't jobs. there is a huge number of people affiliated with the military that don't necessarily pay taxes into our community (own shopping place with no sales tax, income tax other states) and refuse to vote to raise taxes to better our city's services.

additionally, there are only a few places i have been to where it's easy and considered normal to talk to strangers. whenever i goto denver to go out i always end up talking to young professional strangers. people in springs aren't mean; they're just very independent and have their own cliques.

i don't feel like i fit in here i do not have a crew cut, believe in god, enjoy eating at applebees, own a gun, want to live near powers with my family, dog, and monopoly-style house.

and one more note, shopping in springs is terrible. it's hard to find middle to upper middle class stuff (furniture, clothes).

Old 10-08-2010, 06:54 PM

37 posts, read 92,201 times
Default are you really asking this?

Hello!? of course you and your significant other can find happiness in COS, after all you are a couple, it's honestly that simple. This place REALLY bites for windows and single folk though!

Old 10-08-2010, 07:03 PM

37 posts, read 92,201 times
Oooo Carrera32 you mentioned my weakness by stating "No Wegman's either" around COS i can honestly say that the presence of Wegman's is the one true thing (aside from there being a bounty of EMS aka Eastern Mountain Sports stores which i do dig quite a bit if i may say so!!) i actually really and truly adored about living in Ithaca & Rochester, NY. People here who have never been in/at a Wegman's don't mind COS lack-of-one since they have no freaking idea what they are missing!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs