Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2012, 11:37 AM

12,262 posts, read 24,452,401 times

Advertisements

The new chancellor for the CSU system, Michael Martin, visited CSU Pueblo yesterday. He toured the campus and talked about how CSU Pueblo is a important part of the CSU system and that he sees the potential for new and interesting opportunities at CSU-Pueblo. “In terms of the undeserved population, I think Pueblo has the capacity to serve a niche and a need.” Martin said. “I think the components of the system will make CSU-Pueblo better and CSU-Pueblo will make the system better.” He, also, talked about the football team and is excited to attend some of the games.

This is from the Chieftain:

As new Colorado State University system chancellor Michael Martin made his move last week from Baton Rouge, La., to Denver, one of his stops along the way was Pueblo. "I stopped here to get my CSU-Pueblo gear so I can come to a football game," Martin said Thursday during his first official visit in Pueblo. "I'm a fan of Division II football. I already have my outfit and I'm ready to roll."

The link: New CSU chancellor visits Pueblo - Pueblo Chieftain: Local News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2012, 05:55 PM

I have some bad news to report about CSU Pueblo. Enrollment has gone down and a lot. From talking to people I know at the university it has a lot to do with the temporary president who took over after Joe Garcia left to become Lt Governor of Colorado in a time when CSU Pueblo was just starting to grow. Then the temporary president did not follow thru to make sure the recruiting was doing all it could to keep up the momentum. My sources tell me that it will take the new president at least a year to turn things around. Hopefully the football team can help by wining a national title soon as that would give the school much needed national exposure.

Honestly I am still optimistic about the schools future but think this is a unfortunate bump in the road and one that the school must overcome. I still believe that the school will eventually have 15,000 to 20,000 students attending and it will be a nice division 2 university for Pueblo helping the city and region attract companies.

Colorado State University-Pueblo's enrollment is down nearly 10 percent, putting an end to five years of a growing student body. As of Aug. 31, the university's unofficial head count was 4,762 students, a drop of 484 students or a 9.6 percent decrease from the 2011 head count. The official fall census has not been released. CSU-Pueblo President Lesley Di Mare said the significant drop in enrollment is the result of a combination of poor recruiting the past two years and a new push to withdraw students for nonpayment of tuition.

The link: CSU-Pueblo enrollment tumbles - Pueblo Chieftain: Pueblo Education

Old 09-13-2012, 10:25 AM

Talking CSU-Pueblo rated among region's best

Now I have good news to report about CSU Pueblo!

CSU Pueblo has been listed among the top regional colleges in the west. This is just one more reason I am so optimistic for the future of the university in Pueblo.

In the future I envision the university being listed as one of the top 10 regional universities in the west with a football team that is known as a division 2 power house selling out home games and winning national titles.

Colorado State University-Pueblo was listed among the top 120 Western regional universities in the U.S. News and World Report's Best Colleges rankings released Wednesday.

The link: CSU-Pueblo, Adams State rated among region's best - Pueblo Chieftain: Pueblo Education

Last edited by Josseppie; 09-13-2012 at 10:35 AM..

Old 10-10-2012, 02:05 PM

Talking CSU-Pueblo ranks high with military

More good news to report about CSU Pueblo as they have been named as a top school for providing education to our service members in the entire nation! This is just one more example of why i am optimistic about the universities future.

Colorado State University-Pueblo has been named one of the top schools in the nation for providing educational opportunities to military personnel. GI Jobs magazine listed CSU-Pueblo among the top 15 percent of all colleges, universities and trade schools in the nation. The list recognizes higher education institutions which embrace military service members, veterans and their spouses and ensure they are successful in obtaining an education.

The link: CSU-Pueblo ranks high with military - Pueblo Chieftain: Pueblo Education

Old 11-28-2012, 10:53 AM

Talking CSU-Pueblo recognized for helping the military

Some more good news for CSU Pueblo as it was again recognized as one of the best colleges in the nation for its commitment to helping military veterans. One of the reasons is due to the fact they are the only school to directly work with community colleges as they work with Pueblo Community College and Pikes Peak Community College.

This is one more reason I am optimistic of the schools future and the impact it will have on the Pueblo MSA.

This is from KRDO:

According to a news release from Colorado State University in Pueblo, the university is the only four-year school in Colorado to earn a national ranking for its commitment to helping military veterans further their education by Military Times EDGE magazine. CSU-Pueblo ranked among the nation's top 68 four-year colleges and universities listed in its upcoming "Best for Vets: Colleges" issue. CSU-Pueblo tied with Bellevue University in Bellevue, Neb. for 58th out of 68 four-year colleges recognized.

The link: CSU-Pueblo recognized for helping the military | News - Home

Old 11-29-2012, 10:21 AM

Talking More good news for CSU P

The CSU-Pueblo Chamber Choir, under the direction Dr. Dana Ihms, recently performed “Adon Olam” by acclaimed contemporary composer Ken Lempl.

Mr. Lempl heard this performance and was so impressed, that yesterday at his own expense he flew out from New York City, arranged to use the Sacred Heart Cathedral in Pueblo (because of its good acoustics), created a studio, and recorded our Chamber Choir performing his composition there.

The performance, with special photographic visuals, was just posted at YouTube.
I thought I would post it since its nice to see CSU Pueblo get nationally recognized.

Old 01-16-2013, 04:41 PM

Talking TTCIs wins ASCE award for HCB Span research, collaborates with CSU-Pueblo on new degree program

Some good news for CSU Pueblo and the transportation and test center east of Pueblo. They started a new degree, a masters in of Science. The TTCI is, in my opinion, the biggest hidden gem in Pueblo as they are a large world class research & development facility and the only one of its kind in the world. Its nice to see them working with CSU Pueblo and hopefully this can help both grow.

This is from the RT&S:

A new Master of Science (MSE) degree in engineering with emphasis areas in mechatronics and railroad engineering will be offered by Colorado State University (CSU)-Pueblo beginning next fall, due in part to a collaboration with TTCI.

Also, the TTCI received a national award and since it was in the same article I thought I would post it here.

Otter received a plaque honoring TTCI "As a collaborator on the winning project" and will represent TTCI at a gala this spring in Washington, D.C., honoring Hillman and other civil engineering leaders. "Introducing a new technology in the transportation industry is a daunting task," said Hillman. "I am very grateful for the support we have received from everyone at TTCI. In particular, Duane Otter, who did an exemplary job serving as an advocate for new technology and encouraging the support from the Association of American Railroads' Bridge Technical Advisory Group to have the first HCB bridge deployed to the Transportation Technology Center for installation and testing."

The link: TTCIs wins ASCE award for HCB Span research, collaborates with CSU-Pueblo on new degree program | Railway Track & Structures

Old 01-16-2013, 05:20 PM

26,206 posts, read 49,012,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
Today they announced the distinguished speaker series for CSU Pueblo.

This is the list:

DISTINGUISHED SPEAKER SERIES

Speakers scheduled for the 2012-13 Distinguished Speaker Series at CSU-Pueblo. All events are free and open to the public.

Wednesday — Jack Hanna, animal expert.
Oct. 3 — Eric Thomas, activist and minister.
Jan. 23 — Ray Kurzweil, inventor and entrepreneur.
Feb. 20 — Angela Davis, social justice activist.
March 13 — Temple Grandin, autism advocate.

The speaker I am most excited about is Ray Kurzweil. ....

Colo Spgs Indy paper published this today on Kurzweil.....
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 01-16-2013, 07:25 PM

Thanks for posting that! I am so excited about him speaking at CSU Pueblo and have my question already lined up. I have been talking about that subject a lot in the science and technology forum and will post my thoughts on his discussion next Thursday there.

Old 03-23-2013, 03:42 PM

Talking JBC recommends $16 million building

Some good news for CSU Pueblo as the Joint Budget Committee (JBC) is going to recommend the state build a new 16 million dollar multi purpose classroom building next year. As usual once the project starts I will post some pictures here. With everything going on in Pueblo 2014 is setting up to be a fun year.

This is from the Pueblo Chieftain:

Southern Colorado is close to hitting the jackpot in state construction projects because the Legislature's Joint Budget Committee is recommending a new $16-million new classroom building for Colorado State University-Pueblo and a $19-million renovation for Adams State University. Those two items are part of a $194 million list of capital construction and maintenance projects drawn up by the Capital Development Committee and approved by the JBC for the state's 2013-14 state budget.

The link: JBC recommends $16 million building, other Southern Colorado funding - Pueblo Chieftain: Local News

Last edited by Josseppie; 03-23-2013 at 03:53 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado