U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2007, 02:40 PM

1 posts, read 2,567 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any ideas as to a certain location I should start looking into. What we are looking for is this:Reasonable prices, Nice weather, a very small amount of snow and cold, a large enough area for a horse or 2. Decent job market, and MOST IMPORTANT close to or on a FRESHWATER FISHING LAKE. Might be kind of tough I think.Thanks
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2007, 08:21 PM

15 posts, read 63,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinny View Post
Does anyone have any ideas as to a certain location I should start looking into. What we are looking for is this:Reasonable prices, Nice weather, a very small amount of snow and cold, a large enough area for a horse or 2. Decent job market, and MOST IMPORTANT close to or on a FRESHWATER FISHING LAKE. Might be kind of tough I think.Thanks
Good luck finding small amounts of snow or cold anywhere in Colorado, but as far as the reasonable prices go, try looking in Castle Rock. Not far from Denver many people who live there commute.Prices are cheaper than denver metro area and its a newer area, there is alot of space out there for horses,not sure about freshwater fishing lake,check chatfield resevoir, and cherry creek resevoir , Chatfield is close on interstate I-25,north then on C-470 west,very quick and cherry creek is north on interstate I-25 until 225 then takes you right to it. hopefully satisfying your fiishing needs. hope this helps you find the right place.

Old 07-31-2007, 02:27 PM

168 posts, read 592,553 times
Default Fishing tips idea

Hi Trinny -

Sports Authority or Gander sports stores can offer fishing spot ideas/suggestions. Good luck. Sumisu

Old 07-31-2007, 10:13 PM

127 posts, read 416,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinny View Post
I think you might find what you are looking for in Northern Arizona if that is an option. Definitely nice weather and smaller amount of snow. With Colorado you need to be prepared for cold and the possibility of greater amounts of snow.

Old 07-31-2007, 10:18 PM

423 posts, read 1,875,018 times
This is Colorado so you are going to see your fair share of snow here. If you do not like it that much the best place for you to be is in the foothills or further east. This would be along I25 or east of there. We don't have as much snow fall as the mountain communities and the roads get cleared pretty fast so you can still get around. As far as fishing goes you might want to contact the Colorado Division of Wildlife. They have a book with all the fishing places in it. It also tells you the fees for each place and what kind of bait you can use there. I think Ft Collins has a good job market and it is just getting better with many new business coming to town. The further east you go the cheaper the land will be but it is all pretty expensive still. It just really depends on how much you want to spend or rent for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
View detailed profiles of: