Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 07:53 PM

8 posts, read 26,917 times

Advertisements

There are homes on acreage north of Fort Collins that are more affordable than being in the city itself, but still have access to the ammenities. Check into Wellington, Laporte, and Livermore. There are some beautiful spots out there too. Also going a little east of Fort Collins is cheaper living and still close by; try Timnath, Windsor, Milliken.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2013, 09:45 AM

1 posts, read 2,670 times
Default Grand Junction, Colorado

I lived on the Western Slope of Colorado for about three years in Grand Junction. I really like Durango and Telluride, but they didn't make sense with my work. However, I really liked Grand Junction and particularly the Pallisades and Fruita areas. I had the great views, mountains, outdoor activities, skiing close by (30 minutes) but actually never had to shovel snow! The valley seldom gets a large snow dump due to the way the mountains are placed. It is basically an irrigated desert valley and does have four true seasons a year. The downtown area is charming and their are lots of bike, running, and roller blade paths around and in nearby Glenwood Springs- which you may also like to check out.

Grand Junction has a pretty good airport with multiple flights daily to Denver and Salt Lake and you can get any where from there, or they are about a four hour drive if you want to run away to a bigger city for the weekend. It has a nice mall and other shops, and of course Starbucks. It is a larger city, but not too large, with good medical etc.., and has a small town feel particularly with the smaller communities surrounding it. Check it out and good luck!

Old 01-04-2013, 01:49 PM

5,052 posts, read 6,362,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzlover View Post
..., I'll say up front that, after about 50 years in Colorado (a native), I left the state for Wyoming. In my case, the day I left Colorado my income went up 50%.
It's people like you that are ruining Wyoming, bringing your newfangled ideas to the state, perverting the culture of the seventh generation natives, and distorting the economy for hardworking Wyoming natives who just want a job and their simple, pastoral way of life. Bringing Colorado ideas to another state.... You should be ashamed of yourself.

Old 01-04-2013, 01:53 PM

2,309 posts, read 4,392,194 times
I know the thread is old but here's the answer for other's;

There are many affordable towns, let's list them shall we?

Rocky Ford

Burlington

Limon

Fort Morgan

Brush

Roggen

Sterling

Padroni

Hillrose

What? You want to be close to the city? Well that's going to cost you.....ALOT!

Old 01-04-2013, 01:55 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,157,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTransplant View Post
It's people like you that are ruining Wyoming, bringing your newfangled ideas to the state, perverting the culture of the seventh generation natives, and distorting the economy for hardworking Wyoming natives who just want a job and their simple, pastoral way of life. Bringing Colorado ideas to another state.... You should be ashamed of yourself.
Says the woman from Richmond VA

Old 01-04-2013, 03:54 PM

5,052 posts, read 6,362,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
Says the woman from Richmond VA
Man.

The post was sarcastic: as an Oregon native who left years ago and has lived in California, Hawaii, Colorado, Georgia, and Virginia, I SUPPORT people moving around the country to wherever makes them happy. Check my post history. Then check jazzlover's 'support' for people coming to Colorado and general snarkiness and condescending attitude to people who are not native Coloradans and do not completely support every idea he has, and his apparent 10,000-strong brigade of friends who all happen to be experts on every subject and only support his very...energetic...view of Colorado issues, then get back to me. Or you know, don't.

Old 01-05-2013, 01:18 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,157,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTransplant View Post
Man.

The post was sarcastic: as an Oregon native who left years ago and has lived in California, Hawaii, Colorado, Georgia, and Virginia, I SUPPORT people moving around the country to wherever makes them happy. Check my post history. Then check jazzlover's 'support' for people coming to Colorado and general snarkiness and condescending attitude to people who are not native Coloradans and do not completely support every idea he has, and his apparent 10,000-strong brigade of friends who all happen to be experts on every subject and only support his very...energetic...view of Colorado issues, then get back to me. Or you know, don't.
I appologize for the sex change,,,,,,and I guess I SHOULD have put a smiley on .....

Old 01-07-2013, 12:03 PM

2,140 posts, read 6,478,134 times
Watch out for fracking. Has anyone mentioned Salida? You couldn't pay me to live in Peyton/Eastern plains.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado