Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2015, 01:40 PM

17,874 posts, read 27,262,848 times

Advertisements

I'm not saying it's expensive. I'm saying it's a ripoff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
I don't agree. I think it's a bargain and when you consider what it does by helping the 4H, FFA, and art community etc well worth it.
County Fair.

Yeah, it reminds me of these big-shot bozos who like to buy a $60,000 steer at the State Fair just to get their mug on the paper, but won't offer a dime to the local Southern Colorado kids at the county events, nor offer a 50 cent raise to one of his workers because it's "out of his budget ".

Last edited by McGowdog; 09-02-2015 at 02:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2015, 01:47 PM

12,259 posts, read 24,350,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
I'm not saying it's expensive. I'm saying it's a ripoff.
I don't agree. I think it's a bargain and when you consider what it does by helping the 4H, FFA, and art community etc well worth it.

Old 09-08-2015, 11:30 AM

The 143rd edition of the Colorado State Fair came to a end yesterday. I was there and had a few adult beverages then went on some rides and took some pictures.

Now I have to wait to next year when the fair is back in Pueblo, sorry Denver!

These pictures were taken from the ferries wheel.

Old 09-08-2015, 03:07 PM

3,393 posts, read 4,559,358 times
State fair lower in attendance for 2015 than last year. HINT, move it to Denver at the National Western Complex where the Stock Show takes place. It's only going to get worse and become more of a financial drain.

Yes, I did attend it this year and was disappointed in the lack of vendors.

State fair lower in attendance than last year - KOAA.com | Continuous News | Colorado Springs and Pueblo

Old 09-08-2015, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschlick84 View Post
State fair lower in attendance for 2015 than last year. HINT, move it to Denver at the National Western Complex where the Stock Show takes place. It's only going to get worse and become more of a financial drain.

Yes, I did attend it this year and was disappointed in the lack of vendors.

State fair lower in attendance than last year - KOAA.com | Continuous News | Colorado Springs and Pueblo
Actually the reason I never talk about the numbers is because I have found you need to wait till the end to see how it really did.

This is from the Pueblo Chieftain:

Attendance at the 2015 Colorado State Fair hit the half million mark this year. Fair attendance this year was 500,207 people. 2014: 498,721.

As usual this does not include the sneak a peak Thursday night for some reason. While not a huge increase it was up 1,486 people over last year and that is not bad.

I did not notice a drop in booths to be honest just a one company and it makes me wonder if they are still around but I am not sure. Plus we had the new State Fair Foundation club so overall I am pleased with the fair and trust me its not going anywhere.

Old 09-08-2015, 06:09 PM

26,111 posts, read 48,696,623 times
State Fair will draw a million in the Denver area when it's moved there, and it'll run for two weeks, not ten days.
I went one year, 2005, pleasant day, no need to see it again.
This year we're going to the State Fair of Texas....
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 09-08-2015, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
State Fair will draw a million in the Denver area when it's moved there, and it'll run for two weeks, not ten days.
I went one year, 2005, pleasant day, no need to see it again.
This year we're going to the State Fair of Texas....
There is no proof of that as the Chieftain pointed out the stock show does not get that many people and gets less people on average then the fair does. Also a fair is a fair and won't change dramatically year to year rather it's in Pueblo or Denver. So keep dreaming it's not moving as this fight has been going on since before 1900.

Old 09-08-2015, 06:41 PM

572 posts, read 547,440 times
it will be interesting to see how the finiancials shake out...

who cares about bodies? bodies that don't spend don't make an event profitable.

Hopefully everybody in attendance spent their load, and the numbers come back at astronomical levels!

Old 09-08-2015, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatsDEN View Post
it will be interesting to see how the finiancials shake out...

who cares about bodies? bodies that don't spend don't make an event profitable.

Hopefully everybody in attendance spent their load, and the numbers come back at astronomical levels!
That will come out in a few months.

Old 09-09-2015, 12:41 AM

3,393 posts, read 4,559,358 times
For a comparison, the Arizona state fair located in Phoenix (not Tucson) topped out around 1.1 million in 2014. The same thing can happen if state fair moved to Denver. They have over 110 food booths, 300 store vendors and is rated one of the top 5 state fairs in the US.

Arizona State Fair attendance tops 1M but still a drop-off - KTAR.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado