Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2007, 08:30 AM

3 posts, read 17,074 times

Advertisements

I'm exploring various places to move to- I'm single and in my early 30's. I love being outdoors so I'm looking for someplace with a beautiful setting with lots of outdoor activities and also a vibrant city with fun, trendy restaurants, shopping, etc. I lived in northern VA and HATED the traffic and high cost of living.

Wondering about Colorado Springs- also what about Fort Collins? Any other recommendations?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2007, 08:44 AM

423 posts, read 1,954,476 times
When I was single I was not impressed by Colorado Springs single scene. I would suggest Ft Collins, Boulder, or Denver for singles your age. Ft Collins/Loveland has some great hiking, biking, lakes, and other outdoor sports. There are great running/biking trails all throughout the city. We are right at the base of the mountains. You can drive to mountain areas within minutes for hiking trails and camping areas. We also have the poudre river which is great for rafting and canoes. We are up and coming in the shopping and eating scene, and we are within an hour drive of Denver. As far as cost of living goes you are looking at paying 600-1000 to rent a nice place. If you want to buy you can find anything from 120,000-215,000 for a condo to a nice 3 bedroom home.

Old 08-01-2007, 09:16 AM

3 posts, read 17,074 times
Default Fort Collins/Loveland area

Thanks Tom for the info. I took a test online on "****.com" and Fort Collins came up as one of my top picks!

That's a great price range for housing. I'm from the Pittsburgh area and it sounds like Fort Collins is similar if not less.

Old 09-24-2010, 03:52 PM

43 posts, read 74,172 times
may i ask what test that was am gonna try to relocate from illinois by chicago talk about traffic lol and just time for a change of scenery
i too am looking for the right fit in colorado single 23 but its got to be both dog and cat friendly and affordable
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado