Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2010, 10:48 PM

10 posts, read 22,242 times

Advertisements

What can you tell me about Thornton?
Is it a safe area fir a youngish family? I am concerned that due to the prices for rentals homes seeming so much lower than other nearby areas that there may be a reason. Gangs, crime, lower income?

We are from so. California and are trying to get away from high crime, congestion, low income and gangs that are all over the place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2010, 12:19 AM

7,138 posts, read 11,023,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caligirlanj View Post
Is it a safe area fir a youngish family? I am concerned that due to the prices for rentals homes seeming so much lower than other nearby areas that there may be a reason. Gangs, crime, lower income?

We are from so. California and are trying to get away from high crime, congestion, low income and gangs that are all over the place.
If you want to get away from "low income" then don't go where rentals are cheap. Because thats where low income people live.

Old 11-06-2010, 08:55 AM

726 posts, read 2,147,061 times
Thornton is definitely one of the cheaper areas to live. I would say its 50/50. I think it's probably one of the bargain areas to live in the area. I'm not originally from here but it seems like there's a stigma to living in Thornton. A few of the people I know who live there always seem embarassed to tell people where they live but personally I don't see anything wrong with Thornton. To me it seems on par with Westminster and Arvada (although I prefer Arvada's location). I think the difference might be that the other 2 towns have some extremely expensive areas, whereas I don't think Thornton has too many of those.

Old 11-08-2010, 09:01 AM

1 posts, read 3,691 times
Thornton has two distinct areas. You can purchase a home anywhere from 100,000 (South Thornton) to 500,000+ (North Thornton). Its a great suburb. You can get demographics information from the City Web site City of Thornton Home.

Old 11-08-2010, 12:26 PM

2,788 posts, read 5,090,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caligirlanj View Post

I live in Thornton..But I live in an apartment..
I know there are some real nice places in Thornton..
Ive seen worse...
Ive never came across lots of gangs..
Also Northglenn is really nice too
Welcome to Colorado by the way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado