Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2010, 03:58 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,386,514 times

Advertisements

I know all of these towns have brutal winters, but which would be the nicest to live in? I want a heavily wooded place and unobtrusive people. I notice the real estate prices in these communities are reasonable and I have visited these towns in the summer and enjoyed the area. Thanks in advance for any recommendations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2010, 06:02 PM

58 posts, read 244,701 times
Based on the want for unobtrusive people, Divide or Florrisant. Woodland Park is bigger than both the latter combined. I live in Divide and have never seen my neighbors... Then again I am the only person on my road who lives there year round!

Old 11-12-2010, 09:21 AM

3,135 posts, read 11,885,624 times
I wouldn't say these areas have "brutal" winters. Yes, we get a couple good storms but the snow is gone the same day, or the next at the latest, 90% of the times.

I love Woodland Park, which is why I bought a home here, but I also like city conveniances (water, sewer, shopping, restaurants, hospital, etc).

If you need to a realtor, let me know. I used a younger guy (mid 30's with a wife/4 kids) who has lived in WP his whole life, was great to work with and knew everyone and everything in this area.

Also, a wooded lot will be mean your house is colder in the winter and snow hangs around. The sun really makes a difference here in the winter, helps on your heating bills as well.

Old 11-12-2010, 06:34 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,386,514 times
Thank you, Poker. I hadn't considered the wooded lots blocking out the sun. If you could give me the name/number of the realtor, I'd be much obliged. Thanks.

Old 01-29-2011, 12:49 AM

33 posts, read 86,685 times
If you consider Woodland Park, keep in mind that, according to friends of mine who live there, house prices have decreased dramatically. That may be good news, but who knows if the bottom has fallen out yet or if there is more to go.

Old 01-31-2011, 01:09 PM

3 posts, read 11,654 times
I lived in Teller County for 11 years. The winters are FAR from Brutal!! Just because it is high in elevation does not mean harsh winters. Woodland Park is of course the largest town in Teller. It is a nice town but I moved out of it when it got too big and restrictive. Divide is really a "pass through" without a town center really. It is simply a cross roads of two highways with some stores and facilities for service etc. Divide of all of them has the toughest winters because it is WINDY as hell! There are lots of little subdivisions around the Divide area. I ended up picking Florissant because it has more sunny days than either Divide or WP. It has less snow than either and while it is a little further out it does have a little sense of community yet is close enough to WP for shopping etc. I lived in Florissant for 9 years and never once had a winter I would have called brutal. If you are lookin for a great horse property on acreage that borders the national forest -- let me know! LOL WP is the most "yuppy" Divide the next and Florissant tends to be down to earth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado