U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-26-2013, 05:29 PM
 
Location: Jet City
16 posts, read 14,430 times
Reputation: 42

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
@Andy.....You gotta be kidding me. Wind and solar power are scams in your view of the world. I am curious to know what makes those forms of power a scam in your mind? Scam or not, the solarium on the south wall of my house has been giving me FREE heat for the past 7 winters. Solar power is one scam I can live with! I would like to uncover a few more scams that save me money. Are you aware of any more good scams Andy?
S you have a wind turbine generating electricity? How long will it take to recoup the cost of the equipment? How man birds have been wacked in the process. Everything has a cost.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-26-2013, 07:29 PM
 
Location: CO/UT/AZ/NM Catch me if you can!
5,824 posts, read 5,250,463 times
Reputation: 12744
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard

@Andy.....You gotta be kidding me. Wind and solar power are scams in your view of the world. I am curious to know what makes those forms of power a scam in your mind? Scam or not, the solarium on the south wall of my house has been giving me FREE heat for the past 7 winters. Solar power is one scam I can live with! I would like to uncover a few more scams that save me money. Are you aware of any more good scams Andy?


Quote:
Originally Posted by J79 Fan View Post
S you have a wind turbine generating electricity? How long will it take to recoup the cost of the equipment? How man birds have been wacked in the process. Everything has a cost.
I'll make you a deal: You work on your reading comprehension and we'll work on taking a newbie seriously who shows up out of nowhere in order to troll this thread.

You might begin by looking up the word "solarium." Hint: No wind turbines or "wacked" birds are involved.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2013, 07:59 PM
 
1,627 posts, read 2,896,448 times
Reputation: 2059
Default I have spent hours reading this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Oh I think you are the one that has been brainwashed.

It's funny to me how people watch a movie and now they are experts on the whole thing and the movie of course is an unquestioned source. It goes to show with the low information voters how easily they can be manipulated with propaganda.

I'm always open to different ideas and I did see the first Gasland and then started doing my research. As it turned out the filmmaker knowingly falsified and misrepresented several scenes in the film to get his environmental extremism agenda across.

So to me when someone is that unethical, I don't see any value in what they are pushing. Just like micheal moore, josh fox is just in it to create a apocalyptic drama to get his extremism out there to be commonplace thinking and make some money while he is at it. I wish people would not be so gullible falling for this crap. It makes our country look bad.
Mr or Ms Wanneroo,

I am convinced with all of your objections and rhetoric for fracking you either work for such a company directly or indirectly. It wasn't only this movie I have watched to make my informed observation but a tremendous amount of articles. Unlike you, I have not talked to people who work for the companies that do this fracking, it would be like asking someone who works for Monsanto if their products are GMO safe? How can you dispute reports and facts? You probably think cell phones are not responsible FOR the increase of brain cancer? Or there is not such thing as global warming?

Last edited by Mike from back east; 07-27-2013 at 10:11 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2013, 09:45 PM
 
9,840 posts, read 20,559,767 times
Reputation: 7668
Quote:
Originally Posted by smilinpretty View Post
Mr or Ms Wanneroo,

I am convinced with all of your objections and rhetoric for fracking you either work for such a company directly or indirectly. It wasn't only this movie I have watched to make my informed observation but a tremendous amount of articles. Unlike you, I have not talked to people who work for the companies that do this fracking, it would be like asking someone who works for Monsanto if their products are GMO safe? How can you dispute reports and facts? You probably think cell phones are not responsible FOR the increase of brain cancer? Or there is not such thing as global warming?
Mr. Wanneroo.

No I do not work for any gas company and my business has nothing to do with the oil and gas industry.

As I have explained in the past, because fracking has gone on all around me for 5 years, I invested a lot of effort to learn about it and discovered as long as it is done properly it's not the boogieman monster it is made out to be. Nothing worse than any other form of energy production.

No I do not think average cell phone use causes brain cancer.

And I certainly do not believe in the scam and wealth transfer called "global warming" and which is now called "climate change" because the warming hasn't happened.

And no I have no reason to believe josh fox and his 2nd gasland film after the 1st film where he purposefully falsified and mislead the audience to craft his story. If it was true and factual that was one thing, but much of it was misrepresented. When someone is dishonest like that their movie is nothing more than a fiction film like Batman.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-02-2013, 05:03 PM
 
2,253 posts, read 6,379,755 times
Reputation: 2635
Wink Balcombe revisited

'Miranda Diboll, who brought her four-year-old daughter Rebecca from the neighbouring village of Cuckfield said: "There is a lot of feeling among the local people. I'm seeing mums I know from the village school turning up with their children, showing support, people I've never spoken to about fracking. We don't feel local people have been properly consulted. But we are succeeding because at least now a conversation is happening about this." [1]


Local residents of Balcombe, England vow to continue protesting fracking in their community, with the aim of stopping it.

Fracking operations began Friday. Protesters were only able to delay the onset of fracking by a few days. Yet remain hopeful and determined. 30 people were arrested by Sussex police on Friday, with the prospect of more arrests likely. 75 police officers have been deployed to the site to ensure the fracking can continue. Local feeling this is a disproportionate response.

The government of the UK is clearly intent on fracking the country at all costs. 8 of 10 Balcombe locals oppose fracking in their home.



Meanwhile, in Colorado, hundreds of protestors opposed to fracking recently made their voices heard (after a fashion) outside the Democratic Governors Association meeting held at the St. Regis Resort in Aspen. [2]

1) 'Balcombe fracking protesters vow to fight on as drilling begins,' The Guardian
Balcombe fracking protesters vow to fight on as drilling begins | Environment | The Guardian

2) 'Colorado Residents Protest Fracking at Democratic Governors’ Conference , EcoWatch
http://ecowatch.com/2013/colorado-pr...tic-governors/
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2013, 10:16 AM
 
9,840 posts, read 20,559,767 times
Reputation: 7668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idunn View Post
'Miranda Diboll, who brought her four-year-old daughter Rebecca from the neighbouring village of Cuckfield said: "There is a lot of feeling among the local people. I'm seeing mums I know from the village school turning up with their children, showing support, people I've never spoken to about fracking. We don't feel local people have been properly consulted. But we are succeeding because at least now a conversation is happening about this." [1]


Local residents of Balcombe, England vow to continue protesting fracking in their community, with the aim of stopping it.

Fracking operations began Friday. Protesters were only able to delay the onset of fracking by a few days. Yet remain hopeful and determined. 30 people were arrested by Sussex police on Friday, with the prospect of more arrests likely. 75 police officers have been deployed to the site to ensure the fracking can continue. Local feeling this is a disproportionate response.

The government of the UK is clearly intent on fracking the country at all costs. 8 of 10 Balcombe locals oppose fracking in their home.



Meanwhile, in Colorado, hundreds of protestors opposed to fracking recently made their voices heard (after a fashion) outside the Democratic Governors Association meeting held at the St. Regis Resort in Aspen. [2]
1) 'Balcombe fracking protesters vow to fight on as drilling begins,' The Guardian
Balcombe fracking protesters vow to fight on as drilling begins | Environment | The Guardian

2) 'Colorado Residents Protest Fracking at Democratic Governors’ Conference , EcoWatch
Colorado Residents Protest Fracking at Democratic Governors’ Conference – EcoWatch: Cutting Edge Environmental News Service
Do these people even know what they are protesting or can they even explain fracking?

I doubt it.

Most of the Balcombe protesters are "rent-a-mob" protesters hired by environmental wacko groups I'm guessing.

Sounds to me idunn you should get out and actually talk to people that know what they are talking about instead of reposting articles from places like the Guardian who have a known viewpoint.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2013, 10:33 AM
 
2,002 posts, read 2,972,814 times
Reputation: 3748
There's always someone that will protest anything. It's just what they do. Being informed or having a reason has nothing to do with it.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2013, 02:36 PM
 
Location: OKLAHOMA
1,789 posts, read 3,870,673 times
Reputation: 998
slingshot...... I went to visit my daughter out near Cushing and by gosh people are chaining themselves to the pipes. They look more than stupid.... I love what the pipeliners did, they cut the pipe and carried the people onto public land and called the fire department to figure out how to on chain them on the cut pipes. Not saying they may have their reasons and it is constitutional to have opposition but they sure did look stupid. I wonder about people who protest some stupid fish in California so they have not allowed the California growers to have water to save this stupid fish and we the people pay high prices for food at the stores. Mind you no one new this fish existed until a few years ago and since denial of the water to the farmers there hasn't been any increase or decrease in this microscopic fish in the Sacremento Valley of CA. But we the people fill it at the grocery store.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2013, 05:13 PM
 
Location: Wherabouts Unknown!
7,805 posts, read 17,597,306 times
Reputation: 9435
@ debbie.....What makes the fish you refer to as a stupid fish, stupid?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-06-2013, 09:09 PM
 
2,253 posts, read 6,379,755 times
Reputation: 2635
Wink Gag on this

'She was still troubled by the gag order, however. "My concern is that they're minors. I'm not quite sure I fully understand. We know we're signing for silence for ever but how is this taking away our children's rights being minors now? I mean my daughter is turning seven today, my son is 10." [1]


Apparently in modern American one can be issued into servitude as a child.

The Hallowich family of Mount Pleasant, Pennsylvania has been fighting a losing battle with oil and gas companies, accusing them of having despoiled their 10-acre farm. Complaints include sore throats, headaches, burning eyes, and a contaminated water supply.

In order to find relief from ongoing health issues and find relief elsewhere, they agreed to a settlement that imposed a family-wide gag order. Including their two young children, it prevents any of them from EVER discussing Marcellus Shale or fracking in their lifetime.

As of this posting, these children have yet to comment on what may be deep feelings on the matter—perhaps they can't.


1) 'Children given lifelong ban on talking about fracking,' The Guardian
Children given lifelong ban on talking about fracking | Environment | The Guardian
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:37 PM.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top