Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 02:08 AM

723 posts, read 1,046,209 times

Advertisements

I have heard alot about the weather in Pueblo, talk of how it's hotter there, longer summer, and hardly much snow!! But I want to know about humidity. I DESPISE humidity!!!I was reading some posts on the Illinois forum (where I live), and this guy steve o was claiming that the weather was gorgeous, and that in the summer he rarely used the A/C!! I beg to differ, humidity gets so bad here that I can't go to bed without a shirt on, or I'll stick to the sheets (that's with A/C on). And in summer I don't dare sit on my leather couch w/ or w/o a shirt!! Just might peel the leather. LOL Himidity is on my long list of reasons to leave this crappy a** state!! But what I want to know is: How much humidity should I expect in Pueblo?? Is it mild?? Or should I leave my couch and shirts in Illinois???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2009, 06:26 PM

jazzlover, Where in Colorado do you reside(if you dont mind me asking)?????

Old 08-02-2009, 06:39 PM

8,317 posts, read 29,473,840 times
I currently live in western Colorado, but I have lived all over the state during the last half-century. I also lived in Wyoming for a time.

Old 08-02-2009, 07:05 PM

Wyoming huh? How was that experience? I myself, don't think I could live there! Not only do I despise humidity, but I really hate extremely harsh winters as well. Probably why I decided to choose Colorado over my second choice Nebraska. Do you live Northwest or Southwest? How's the weather by you?

Sorry if I'm getting too personal!

Old 08-02-2009, 08:33 PM

8,317 posts, read 29,473,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMOST2L8 View Post
Wyoming huh? How was that experience? I myself, don't think I could live there! Not only do I despise humidity, but I really hate extremely harsh winters as well. Probably why I decided to choose Colorado over my second choice Nebraska. Do you live Northwest or Southwest? How's the weather by you?

Sorry if I'm getting too personal!
I lived in SE Wyoming. It was no more humid there than Denver is. Winter was somewhat more harsh than Denver, but not bad. What was bad was the wind--not all of Wyoming is windy, but its two major cities, Casper and Cheyenne, are both in windy locations. Summers were very comfortable, with few days over 90°. I did not have either air conditioning nor evaporative cooling in my house, and I didn't need it there. I actually liked Wyoming very much, but relocated back to Colorado for business and family reasons. If the opportunity arose, I could live there again. I currently live in west-central Colorado, which is really too hot in the summer for my tastes--but, hey, it's cooler than Pueblo!

Old 12-03-2009, 10:30 AM

138 posts, read 339,794 times
My top wish list for Pueblo is that they would actually salt the roads, not just the major ones. It took me about 45 minutes to get to the university today when it would have taken 10-15 on a normal day... I don't understand this place

Old 12-03-2009, 11:33 AM

12,262 posts, read 24,461,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostontopueblo View Post
my top wish list for pueblo is that they would actually salt the roads, not just the major ones. It took me about 45 minutes to get to the university today when it would have taken 10-15 on a normal day... I don't understand this place
lol

Old 12-04-2009, 04:57 AM

21 posts, read 59,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostontopueblo View Post
My top wish list for Pueblo is that they would actually salt the roads, not just the major ones. It took me about 45 minutes to get to the university today when it would have taken 10-15 on a normal day... I don't understand this place
You shoud have AWD cars in this community

Old 12-04-2009, 04:55 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,461,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentina25 View Post
You shoud have AWD cars in this community
Its nice to have one, I do, but to be honost Pueblo rarely gets snow. The last storm was minor and most of the snow was melted by noon on the roads.

Old 12-04-2009, 05:19 PM

138 posts, read 339,794 times
That's on the major roads, side roads like Baxter and 13th st towards the state hospital were sheets of ice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado