Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 12:00 AM

12,262 posts, read 24,461,491 times

Advertisements

This is on line about Pueblo Springs ranch, this shows the development is still alive and well. When complete this will change the economy in the whole state and Denver will no longer be the economic center!

CVL is currently working annexing 24,000 acres north of Pueblo, Colorado, known as Pueblo Springs Ranch, into the City of Pueblo on behalf of the landowner. CVL is responsible for the preparation of the annexation plats, master planning, master drainage studies, the offsite and onsite water distribution systems for 2 pressure zones, and the location of onsite water storage facilities. The conceptual design of multiple options for the sanitary sewer system has also been accomplished. The resulting masterplan will include many commercial and community centers, vast open space and recreational areas, and up to 70,000 residences within this exciting project, located adjacent to the Fountain Creek. CVL also provides coordination with other development consultants on behalf of the client.

The link: http://www.cvldenver.com/

As a reminder this is what CU said about Pueblo:

oPueblo County - Historically, Pueblo County has experienced moderate population growth. This trend will change when the Pueblo Springs Ranch is complete. The 23,000-acre subdivision in northeast Pueblo County is expected to have about 75,000 households, or 200,000 people when completed. The Historic Arkansas Riverwalk Project has begun to pay the economic dividends its creators intended. In August 2007, the new 44,000-square-foot headquarters of the Professional Bull Riders Association was dedicated, and new restaurants and other establishments have opened near the new building.

Last edited by Josseppie; 04-18-2009 at 12:16 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2009, 03:54 PM
AT9

691 posts, read 1,219,299 times
I joined this forum a while ago, and I haven't really kept up on what's happening in Pueblo. I had no idea that Pueblo Springs is supposed to be that huge! Is there any time frame on the development?

Thanks for all your reporting, Josseppie!

Last edited by Mike from back east; 02-26-2011 at 12:07 PM..

Old 08-20-2009, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AT9 View Post
I joined this forum a while ago, and I haven't really kept up on what's happening in Pueblo. I had no idea that Pueblo Springs is supposed to be that huge! Is there any time frame on the development?

Thanks for all your reporting, Josseppie!
I talked to the developer this week and he told me that it is still going despite the recession. He did not have any kind of timetable because of how big the project is but I have heard 4th quarter this year or 1st quarter next year for final annexation. Pueblo has already annexed the first phase to technically the city of Pueblo extends to the El Paso county line.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 02-26-2011 at 02:23 PM..

Old 09-12-2009, 11:00 AM

Talking Pueblo Springs Ranch

I have been talking about Pueblo Springs Ranch development. This week the development standards where released and here is a link to the document:

The link: http://www.pueblo.us/documents/Planning/PSRDevelopmentStandards8508.pdf

Here is a map of the project as well:

Old 09-12-2009, 03:29 PM

Talking Pueblo Springs Ranch

I have been reading the developmental review and here is what I have found so far:

Residential

I have been looking over the Pueblo Springs Ranch development standards and one thing I like are the housing standards. They will include a few nice designs including Tuscan, Classic American, Country European, Spanish Colonial, Prairie Ranch, Craftsman, Mediterranean, Southern Itialn, Brownstone (like the row houses you see in Chicago or NYC) and Contemporary. That should give a nice up scale mix for the new city. Personally I could see my self living in a Brownstone that is just a block or two away from a monorail station.

Another thing I like is the lay out of the streets. It appears that they are using the same model that is found in Suburban Nation. Having the house close to the streets with garages in the back or on alleys and having the streets connected with walkways.

Overall I believe if they follow these standards Pueblo Springs will be a premier place for people to live on the Front Range!

Transportation

I have to say I am surprised as to how much detail they have done on this and how much it will add to the greater Pueblo metro area.

First off highways.

Of course it will be built using I-25 as the back bone, that is how most of the front range is including Pueblo. It will make it a nice easy drive from the tech park to the currant downtown.

On top of this I love how they are going to build Pueblo Springs Ranch Parkway that will run from the Caesar Cavez highway by the university north thru Pueblo Springs and the tech park and into El Paso county. It will provide a easy way for people to get around. I hope it is a limited access parkway that is at least 6 lanes.

For the feeder roads and side roads I love all the detail including how they want it to be landscaped. I, also, like how they are telling the developers how they will build the streets including walkways, and alleys and limited use of cul da sacks and when they do use them they have to have walk ways as well. Like I said earlier this reminds of me the book Suburban Nation and what he suggested cities do to make the residential areas more livable for its residents. I think if they follow this plan Pueblo Springs will have some awesome roads connecting the neighborhoods and commercial areas that will make Pueblo Springs a nice mix of urban and suburban. Like the book said you cant stop development so the best option is to manage it the best way you can.

Next mass transportation

This has to be the part that shocked me the most. If the developers can actually build a mass transit system using a monorail that would be one of the most unique systems in the country. Only Disney has anything close to that. I would love to see a system like that not only used in Pueblo Springs but the current city of Pueblo. Imagine having a few lines. One could connect downtown Pueblo to the tech park. One could connect the tech park to the university and airport. One could connect downtown to the university and the airport. If developed right this could be something that draws people to Pueblo especially if they want to build the tech park dense with gray stones like they have in Chicago.

So far I am pleased with the proposed transportation network and can't wait to see it built.

Old 09-17-2009, 02:38 PM

Post Pueblo Springs thread

Pueblo should have a monorail with the new devlopment. How unique would that be?

This is from the devlopmental standards for Pueblo Springs:

3.5.6 Special Use Permits

Uses requiring a Special Use Permit are deemed as being potentially incompatible with the
Pueblo Springs Ranch concept and those uses, indicated with a "S" in the Land Use Matrix,
must comply with the minimum special use conditions listed below.

48. Monorail

a. A Special Use Permit may be approved only in conjunction with the approval of
necessary licensing for the monorail and the approval of an agreement to authorize the
operation of the monorail system with the City.

Pueblo Springs should be the best devlopment in the state!

I am actually thinking about starting a thread on Pueblo Springs so I can post all the information about that awesome development there. Any thoughts?

Last edited by Josseppie; 09-17-2009 at 02:59 PM..

Old 03-25-2010, 02:06 PM

Exclamation Pueblo Springs Ranch

I have some mixed news to report on Pueblo Springs Ranch. The developers are putting the project on hold for about a year because of the economy. This is from the Pueblo Chieftain:

Annexation and development plans for Pueblo Springs Ranch remain dormant, waiting for signs that the national economy is recovering, according to state Rep. Buffie McFadyen, D-Pueblo West, who is the local agent for the Nevada investors wanting to develop the land north of Pueblo.

The link: http://www.chieftain.com/business/local/

The reason I say mixed news is because with the current economy many projects have been canceled and this one is just put on hold. So I looked up American Nevada, the company behind the proposed annexation of Pueblo Springs, and they have a great resume. So the good news is I bet they have all the financing in place and is just waiting for the economy to pick up to begin the work. If things keep going like it is and the GDP keeps going up I suspect that could come as early as 4th quarter this year. A year wait is not bad considering we are just getting out of the worse recession since the 1930's. So this combined with other large developments in the Pueblo area keep me optimistic that this will be a great decade once this recession is over!

Here is the company profile and a link to their web page:

American Nevada's community developments are among the most recognized in the Las Vegas valley. American Nevada is currently working on master-planned community development opportunities in Tucson, AZ, Houston, TX and Pueblo, CO.

The link: http://www.americannevada.com/companyProfile.html

Last edited by Josseppie; 03-25-2010 at 02:14 PM..

Old 03-25-2010, 10:53 PM

138 posts, read 339,794 times
What an awful awful idea that will ruin what makes Pueblo, Co such a great city. This urban sprawl is better left to Denver.

Old 03-25-2010, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostontopueblo View Post
What an awful awful idea that will ruin what makes Pueblo, Co such a great city. This urban sprawl is better left to Denver.
You make a good point and I have struggled with the idea but keep a few things in mind. First, there are many valid complaints with Pueblo that will be overcome with this one development. For example, some of the things I hear is there are not many jobs here. The tech park will change that as one of the largest and most well known developers in Las Vegas will work to bring in major companies and that will cause smaller companies to move here. Another complaint I hear is shopping, especially high end shopping, and restaurants or lack there of. Again that will change that as more people will bring more buying power to the Pueblo MSA and that will cause more retail stores and restaurants to move in. Plus if Pueblo wants to keep having successful events like the state fair, concerts, a growing university, plays, musicals etc. we need a vibrant and growing population base that this development will give us.

Finally keep this development in perspective. Pueblo Springs will make Pueblo about 90 square miles while the city of Denver is 150 square miles and the Denver MSA is 8,414 square miles and city of Colorado Springs is 186 square miles. So Pueblo will not have the kind of urban sprawl those cities have in fact you will still be able to get around Pueblo is less then a half hour.

Because of these reasons I have decided to support the annexation as I think the benefits out way the costs for Pueblo and its current and future residents.

Old 04-17-2010, 07:58 AM

664 posts, read 2,066,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
This was in the Gazette, the Chieftain and on KOAA. If the government does not or can not buy the land then it looks like he will sell it to a developer. A 90 square mile development on top of everything else that is going on would help make Pueblo a large population center, possibly passing El Paso and Denver counties becoming the states most populous county.

This is because of all the large developments proposed for Pueblo. We have Pueblo Springs and they can hold 200,000 people at build out then this area at double the size should easily hold 400,000 to 500,000 people at build out. Plus there are more proposed devlopments like the Colorado Energy Park. That would give the Pueblo MSA enough developed land to get well over 1 million people.
When is the estimated buildout? I love reading about large developments and would love to see Pueblo grow and become a major center but so much can happen between then and now, whenever it is. Pueblo County would have to quadruple to surpass the current population of El Paso or Denver County and by that time both Adams and Arapahoe Counties will likely have surpassed Denver County as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado