Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 12:45 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniacaltwist View Post
Louisville is a nice little package no doubt. Very clean, very suburban, lots OF suburbans; mostly two income families by far (the town and its neighborhoods are all desolate weekdays); three car garages; big screen TVs; fairly, somewhat, expensive in comparison to any other area than Boulder really. Nice location if you feel the need to escape quickly - which you may - and decent amenities. It made the top-five best places to live by Forbes magazine a few years ago. Worth a look if IV-injected suburbia is your thing.
I disagree with the bold. There are plenty of SAHMs in Louisville; there are plenty of people out and about during the day.

I think you're referring to CNN Money Mag, not Forbes, not that either of them have that much cred, IMO.

Best Places to Live 2009 - from Money Magazine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2011, 02:54 PM

198 posts, read 1,279,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
Satanist clubs?...
Satanist clubs??? That may be the most ridiculous statement i have ever heard. Every city may have some of those, but yes, C-Springs is more religious than other places in CO. And it tends to be more conservative than other cities in CO, but no more or no less republican conservative than Arizona cities.

Old 03-30-2011, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldiaz28 View Post
im having a hard time making a choice were to move in colorado im from worcester ,ma but im living in tampa,fl i have bin looking up alot of things of colorado and i like what i hear and see but i guess what makes my choice difficult is im a city boy and i would like to be in between the city and some what the country side. i work as a private security for a record company and im planing to move out of here maybe with in a year im a single man so im not going to carry any extra baggage. im planing to head to Colorado for vacation but that alone brings me back to square 1 not sure were to go or to start??
If your looking to live in an area that is close to the city and the country side, than Brighton comes to mind of you want to live near Denver. Also, Superior or Louisville come to mind as well. They are very close to both Denver and Boulder and pretty much connect to both. However, if you want to live near CO Springs than you could pick a suburb such as Black Forest on the northern part of the Colorado Springs metro area, or Fountain on the southern end.

Old 03-30-2011, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by longislan View Post
Hello,

I am going to Colorado later this week. We are staying in downtown Denver. What are some places we MUST visit? We will be there through the weekend. We are looking for ski areas, breath taking scenery, shopping, nightlife, ect. Anything you can think of. I really appreciate the help.

Regards,
In Denver proper, you can do plenty. If you have enough days of vacation, you could do the Union Station, 16th Street Mall, Coors tour, Colorado history museum, Denver art museum, Colorado state capitol, Waterworld, etc. Another nice thing to do in Denver is the Santa Fe Art District. It has tons of Chicano art, but also much normal art as well. The Chicano art is amazing.

If you are planning on driving out of the Denver area, but still not driving too far, i would recommend other areas as well. Garden of the gods, Olympic Training center, Florissant Fossil beds monument, Rocky Mountain National Park, etc. You can also go visit Boulder.

If you want nice places to eat, there are many choices as well. Obviously Denver and all of CO has tons of Mexican restaurant (CO usually does New Mexican Cuisine like New Mexico and CA). If you want a few nice places to sit down and eat, i would say La Loma on 26th and Alcott in North Denver. Las Delicias on 19th and Pennsylvania in Uptown. La Cascada on 20th and Depew in Edgewater. If you want a quick place to get good food, i would say the ORIGINAL Chubby's on 38th and Lipan in North Denver. Bubba Chinos on 20th and Lamar in Edgewater or the locations on South Federal Blvd. Also, Santiagos on 6th and Santa Fe in original West Denver is good too.

Other great places to eat would be Pete's Gyros Place on Colfax and Detroit st, Buckhorn on 10th and Osage st, or Papa J's on 80th and Sheridan in Westminster is decent italian food.

Thats what i would recommend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado