Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 08:21 AM

8 posts, read 16,320 times

Advertisements

greetings, city-datans

my boyfriend and i plan to move to colorado eventually to start a family...we have always loved it, and really feel our hearts are there. we have been looking at land and recently have been seriously considering colorado city.

the area is particularly pretty to me...and i like the idea of being close to a large city (pueblo) but at the same time living somewhere chill, away from the hustle and bustle....i guess my question is, what growth do yawl see happening in co city? will it be built up someday and kinda be like the round rock of austin? that would certainly push up the value of any land we bought, but at the same time i would want to keep my serenity...

another thing i am wondering about is whether or not any people have modular homes on their land in co city (is it allowed?). not mobile homes necessarily, mind you...but anything from "tiny houses" to pre-fabricated barns or sheds, etc. i did contact pueblo county about this and gave them an assessor parcel number to try to find out but i wasn't able to get a solid answer.....just wondering if anyone had seen that type of thing in the area or do you pretty much have to build? we will build eventually, but will want an easy, smaller, temporary structure until then. is this common at all?

lastly, in y'alls opinion, what is the job market like in pueblo? i predict we will be making that commute....i know i can look up statistics but i'd rather hear others' experiences/ideas...anyone who lives in/around pueblo and especially in colorado city i am very thankful in advance for your reply!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2011, 10:49 AM

26,212 posts, read 49,044,521 times
In my wildest dreams I cannot foresee COLO CITY ever becoming large in any way; probably more a case of it shrinking.

I see modular homes all over rural COLO. Use realtor.com to get an idea of what's out there.

Not a lot of jobs anywhere these days and yes, you'd probably be commuting to Pueblo or to a job in one of the 11 prisons in the area around Canon City and Florence.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 03-26-2011, 05:38 PM

289 posts, read 776,267 times
Colorado City is a great place to go if you want a laid-back lifestyle, but you'll probably have to commute to Pueblo for work. There are plenty of modular homes in the area.

Jobs in Pueblo, like many places, are pretty scarce and don't pay very well. Good luck in your search.

Old 03-27-2011, 09:39 AM

thanks for the insight....i think i am going to buy there and at the very least have it for retirement.

Old 03-28-2011, 09:33 AM

930 posts, read 1,654,760 times
Doing a quick Google search, Pueblo's population is about 150K, and Round Rock is 110K. So keep in mind Pueblo isn't even going to remotely be like Austin, TX, and Colorado City not like Round Rock. So when you say Pueblo is a large city, make sure you know what to expect- do you want your large city to be approx the size of Round Rock, or are you expecting Pueblo to be like Austin?

Denver is getting an IKEA, I liked the one in Round Rock.

Old 04-11-2011, 04:05 AM

i meant in co city : pueblo as to round rock : austin. ratio, not in actual numbers.

Old 09-12-2011, 02:38 PM

2 posts, read 4,271 times
Default Colorado City....feedback please!!

We live in Denver now and have been wanting to move outside of the city in a smaller more rural area for some time and build a smaller home. We originally started looking more towards Pueblo after we realized the mountains were too expensive and not accessible.....we don't want to be too far from Denver but not close either. Pueblo price also was a big driving factor. Then we started to look at areas outside of there and found Colorado City. Does anyone have any feedback?? We have found a couple pieces of property that fit what we are looking for.

Old 09-13-2011, 02:02 PM

2 posts, read 4,271 times
anyone

Old 09-14-2011, 06:29 PM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
I'm sorry, but I'm having trouble nailing down what feedback you're looking for.

Colorado City, Rye, and San Isabel are great for certain folks. It's great for raising kids, retiring, and playing golf.

It's a bit more expensive than Pueblo, but good deals can be had. Utilities are bit quarky, weather can be ferocious in winter, and shopping will have you reaching for the internet.

Don't go to the Moores for mechanic work unless you want to get ripped off. Rye telephone company? They've gouged my parents for years. Example, they provide phone, tv cable, and internet. Nobody in the Valley has DirecTV, DishNetwork, and I'm not sure about Comcast. I don't think they're allowed in there. Cell phones don't work too well there and there's huge dead spots near the phone company.

Water and electricity are a joke there. Medical? It's a 30 mile drive to Pueblo then you have to decide between St Mary Corwin and Parkview... equally lame imo, or the healthcare in Walsenburg... another 30 miles... to the south ain't too shabby for the size.

Hope some of this helps.

Old 09-16-2011, 01:33 AM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
A couple of pics in Colorado City from my cousin's house:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado