Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 06:14 PM

178 posts, read 604,850 times

Advertisements

That was fun to watch..Thank You. Personally, I like Pueblo and think it is a great place to live if you can get a decent job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2013, 06:17 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,456,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GStone777 View Post
That was fun to watch..Thank You. Personally, I like Pueblo and think it is a great place to live if you can get a decent job.
Your welcome.

I will admit the lack of jobs is a problem that being said compared to other steel town Pueblo has done quite well.

Old 12-21-2013, 07:02 AM

18,009 posts, read 27,453,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzlover View Post
... then maybe we should make homicide legal, too. After all, we shouldn't infringe on anybody's right to do whatever the hell they want to anyone that they want to, right? I don't think so.
Well it virtually IS legal, right?

If "we" wanted to stick it to the cartels, we'd just stop requiring their drugs.

Old 12-21-2013, 08:48 AM

8,317 posts, read 29,467,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
If "we" wanted to stick it to the cartels, we'd just stop requiring their drugs.
Oh, but actually keeping people from using those hard-core drugs would be stepping on somebody's "freedoms," right? That would be their freedoms to wreck the lives of people around them (their families, etc.), support murderous criminals, burden themselves upon society, and make themselves essentially unproductive citizens. We sure wouldn't want to keep them from doing that.

Old 12-21-2013, 09:29 AM

18,009 posts, read 27,453,889 times
You could say the same thing about gun control, but I don't agree with that either, at least not at the National level.

At the local level though, those things would probably be great.

If you denied some kid who wanted to get high their drugs, what's to stop him from just huffing paint, Raid, petro, etc.?

Old 12-21-2013, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
You could say the same thing about gun control, but I don't agree with that either, at least not at the National level.

At the local level though, those things would probably be great.

If you denied some kid who wanted to get high their drugs, what's to stop him from just huffing paint, Raid, petro, etc.?
Any tool or substance can be abused, no denying that. The difference between guns, automobiles, paint, etc. is that they have serve some useful purpose in society. Meth and heroin have no redeeming qualities when used recreationally. Meth is the worst of all. It is a life-wrecker from the get-go and has no useful purpose whatsoever.

Old 12-22-2013, 11:58 AM

40 posts, read 178,981 times
Concerning Pueblo...

The more I read negative posts that are based on racial hatred, economic discontent, and unfounded fear,...

the more I believe that Pueblo is the future for sane people.

Old 12-22-2013, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alostbard View Post
Concerning Pueblo...

The more I read negative posts that are based on racial hatred, economic discontent, and unfounded fear,...

the more I believe that Pueblo is the future for sane people.
If you're referring to me, let me set you straight. First, I'm not a racist. Some of my best friends are Hispanic and I've lived in communities for decades with sizable Hispanic populations. If anything, many US born or legally immigrated Hispanics are more horrified with what is going on with the drug trade and illegal immigration from Mexico than many Anglos are. It often more heavily impacts the Hispanic communities and gives honest, hard working, and drug-free Hispanics a bad name. As for "unfounded fear," anyone who thinks that the illicit drug trade in meth and heroin is not a big problem in Colorado is a moron. It's here, and if it hasn't touched someone you know, it will. Finally, as far as "economic discontent," Pueblo and a whole lot of other places in Colorado have serious and festering economic issues. Those can't be ignored. I think that Pueblo, in the long term, may actually fare better than many other more "popular" areas in Colorado, but it isn't right now.

Old 12-22-2013, 10:52 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,456,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzlover View Post
Finally, as far as "economic discontent," Pueblo and a whole lot of other places in Colorado have serious and festering economic issues. Those can't be ignored. I think that Pueblo, in the long term, may actually fare better than many other more "popular" areas in Colorado, but it isn't right now.
People have constantly compared Pueblo to the front range cities of Colorado Springs and Denver. That is not a accurate comparison as they did not have the economic melt down Pueblo had in the 1980's.

This has been discussed in this thread. Look at posts 449 and 450.

Pueblo - General Info

Old 12-23-2013, 05:51 PM

50,784 posts, read 24,289,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
People have constantly compared Pueblo to the front range cities of Colorado Springs and Denver. That is not a accurate comparison as they did not have the economic melt down Pueblo had in the 1980's.

This has been discussed in this thread. Look at posts 449 and 450.

Pueblo - General Info
Actually, Josseppie, when it has been to your advantage, you have often compared Pueblo to other local cities.

You can't have it both ways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado