Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 02:57 PM

9 posts, read 20,434 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the input everyone! Yes, west Littleton is pretty! I've started including that in my searches After doing more digging and having my mom and realtor go look at a few different places in person for me this past weekend, I'm actually leaning towards a place in Golden's Coal Creek Canyon (don't know why I didn't even think of that area when I started this thread).

Does anyone have any experience with the Ned schools?

Also, does anyone have any experiences with the winter season commute down to Boulder/NW Denver areas and up to the schools in Nederland? About how long is it going each way (I'm looking at a property about 1.5 miles down the canyon from Wondervu) for real when the weather is less than a perfect sunny day? I've driven 72 and 119 quite a few times back in my CO living days but never during bad weather. If I recall it right, 119 is quite a bit curvier than 72 but 72 has a few serious switchbacks up towards Ned .. But I also would imagine Hwy 72 is rather well kept .. and isn't there RTD Bus service up there too? Just making sure ..

And please, wish me luck getting my place in the Houston burbs sold so I can get outta here and back home to beloved CO .. it is over 100 air temp today for the 32nd day this summer - and its been 100+ with heat index since may! Waah, I can't wait to get out of this awful 18 lane highway worshiping dante's inferno and sit on my quiet deck, in the woods, in a nice cold snow drift as I watch the elk go by. <3

Thanks again!

Last edited by chrisziggy; 08-21-2011 at 04:00 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2011, 08:29 AM

91 posts, read 168,182 times
I lived in Conifer for 5 years a couple of years ago. As a rule Evergreen will have more amenities than Conifer. Evergreen has parks, golf, a museum, the lake/lake house, live music, a library, community theater, rec center, racquet club, and other entertainment/cultural option. But as a rule you pay more to live in Evergreen.
The Conifer branch of the Jeffco library is located in the high school. They do have Conifer Community Park with hiking trails and Frisbee golf. The park also host live music in the summer. Conifer has less than half the restaurant options of evergreen.
Bailey has fewer amenities than Conifer. All the communities have good schools.

Old 08-25-2011, 04:29 PM

1,742 posts, read 3,103,529 times
Here's a nice cozy place for you.
Grand Estates Offers First Luxury Real Estate Auction in Evergreen, Colorado : RushPRNews - Newswire & Global Press Release Distribution
RP

Old 01-26-2012, 12:38 AM

2 posts, read 2,781 times
Default Thinking about Conifer or Evergreen...

So right now my girlfriend and I live in Thornton (88th and Huron) and are thinking about moving to either conifer or evergreen. The main concern we have is her commute to work...she works off of C470 and broadway. I try to explain to her that the commute will probably be about the same time, but a lot less stop and go. Can anyone give me an estimate of how this drive would be? Thanks a bunch in advance!

Old 01-27-2012, 05:16 PM

11,810 posts, read 34,265,174 times
Where is work for you?

Old 01-27-2012, 10:14 PM

3,158 posts, read 6,085,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tornshadow View Post
So right now my girlfriend and I live in Thornton (88th and Huron) and are thinking about moving to either conifer or evergreen. The main concern we have is her commute to work...she works off of C470 and broadway. I try to explain to her that the commute will probably be about the same time, but a lot less stop and go. Can anyone give me an estimate of how this drive would be? Thanks a bunch in advance!
The commutes down and up I-70 (from Evergreen) and US-285 (from Conifer) are much busier than you think. During snowstorms, they can be harrowing.

Once you hit C-470, you can expect slow and go from I-70 down to Quincy and from Wadsworth all the way to Broadway. Many mornings (even in good weather) the traffic is slow from University all the way west to Wadsworth. Especially if she is driving that area after 7 am.

I know the commute from Thornton must be hell, but if I were her, I would not be looking for a commute that takes the same amount of time, I would be looking for a commute that is significantly shorter.

Old 02-15-2012, 06:10 PM

2 posts, read 2,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidv View Post
The commutes down and up I-70 (from Evergreen) and US-285 (from Conifer) are much busier than you think. During snowstorms, they can be harrowing.

Once you hit C-470, you can expect slow and go from I-70 down to Quincy and from Wadsworth all the way to Broadway. Many mornings (even in good weather) the traffic is slow from University all the way west to Wadsworth. Especially if she is driving that area after 7 am.

I know the commute from Thornton must be hell, but if I were her, I would not be looking for a commute that takes the same amount of time, I would be looking for a commute that is significantly shorter.
Well thank you for your reply. I work for a satellite installation company so I can work from anywhere. She got the OK to start working from home and would only be driving twice a week at the most...but we are still weighing all of our moving options.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado