Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 10:45 AM

169 posts, read 371,790 times

Advertisements

If one wants to live in a small town, they need to bring 2 million dollars with them, as is often said about Durango. It's a gamble, I'm afraid, and it's not a place for anyone between 21 and 70 years of age. Only retirees who have lots of money.[/quote]

I'm forty-eight and doin' great. Next.

Old 10-06-2011, 10:47 AM

26,111 posts, read 48,696,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseQ View Post
From what I have been reading about Durango, CO...it seems like it is nearly impossible to live there long term unless you're already very wealthy. Job prospects seem to be very low, opening businesses seem to be extremely difficult aswell.

So for a single 27 year old male, it seems as if it would be impossible to up and move to Durango unless I had a ton of money saved up and was in no hurry to find a job, neither of which would describe my situation.

Should I just abandon hope and try for Rapid City, South Dakota instead?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseQ View Post
Thanks for all the replies guys and gals, much appreciated. I guess I'll keep doing some research. Maybe even take a minivacation up there just to see what its all like.

Any tourist hotspots I should look out for?
Jesse, best of luck to you. Durango is like any other place, if you can find a job and afford the cost of living there then it's a fine place to be, but these days any place you can find a job and afford to live there is a good place. You surely don't need to bring millions of dollars to Durango or most any place else so forgot such nonsense, internet forums are full of such ludicrous remarks.

We've given you the best advice we can, and a lot more. Let us hear how you fare in the future.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado