Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2008, 09:28 PM

2 posts, read 6,608 times

Advertisements

My wife and daughter are temp living in trailer park in Cortez, CO. Today, Landlord has suddenly asked to vacate. I am in CA and was suppose to join them by November 7th but have been delayed due to minor surgery. They do not know of this. I've told them it is delayed due to work.
Please, anyone know of a low rent apartment or room for them for now? My wife is currently working in Lewis, CO...meaning your rent will be paid by both of us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2008, 09:20 PM

157 posts, read 651,960 times
hey cesar ~

i dont know that i can help much, but here is a listing of housing services for sw colorado -- not all are in Cortez, maybe the ones in Durango could give you some ideas for quick transitional housing in Cortez.

Colorado Coalition for the Homeless:

also ..
The Durango Herald
Denied:1up! Software () (http://www.cortezjournal.com/main.asp?SectionID=20&SubSectionID=83&BrowseClass= 1&Category=9000 - broken link) .. (Cortez Journal classifieds)

best wishes and good luck!

Old 11-18-2008, 01:16 PM

1 posts, read 3,348 times
Default Update?

I'm just wondering how your family is doing with the housing problem. I hope you're recovering well from your surgery. I'm sure this doesn't help with relaxing for recovery.

Old 11-18-2008, 08:47 PM

2 posts, read 6,608 times
Thanks dgoboy for the info. Coalition link will def help. I have also contacted the Montezuma Cnty Housing Authority but keep playing phone tag.
Elisha, I am doing well, thanks. If anything, this only delays my stay in CA a bit longer. But there is always a reason why things happen the way they do. I just shiver to think had I left and needed surgery in Cortez, what would I have done? At least here, I am still covered under my employer's medical insurance. Phew!
Thanks again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado