Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 09:36 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,372,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by corduroyboy View Post
...I will invite all the NYers to my place and we will eat lots of pizza and wings, bracciole and meatballs, Nathan's hotdogs, and a big fat chicken parmesan!

Did you have to say dat, Ya, know, der aren't any late night delis here and now I'm hungry....mmm, need to make a sandwich......a big sandwich...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2007, 10:26 PM

144 posts, read 636,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livecontent View Post
Did you have to say dat, Ya, know, der aren't any late night delis here and now I'm hungry....mmm, need to make a sandwich......a big sandwich...

We will be eating the 6 inch thick Reubens!!

Old 08-24-2007, 07:09 AM

151 posts, read 713,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzlover View Post
From a Colorado native: Lose your New York City accent and an "Eastern attitude," if you have one. It will be a lot easier for you. New Yorkers who don't stick out like a sore thumb in Colorado--just like I would if I moved to NYC.
Jazzlover may have worded his point badly, but he does nonetheless have a valid point about the "Eastern attitude". Here's one small but very common example -- I live in the country outside of Boulder, the neighbors have horses and don't maintain lawns (not enough water since we're all on wells). A New Jersey couple who declared that they had fallen in love with Colorado and country life moved in. Within 3 months they were complaining, loudly, about being on a well with limited flow (which they knew about beforehand), flies, deer eating their fancy new shrubs, dust from the dirt road we all live in and <gasp> having to slow down for kids riding horses on our low traffic country roads. Within a year they were petitioning to force everyone in the neighborhood to pay for city water and paved roads.

Why move somewhere completely different and then try to force the new place to morph into the place they came from? I don't expect people to lose their accents but I do wish they'd be a bit more aware of, appreciate and try to preserve the differences they say they came here for.

I love New York City and visit there often, just because it is so different. But I'd hate to see Colorado changed into an imitation of either New York City or California. Although a few more uptown, world-class restaurants wouldn't be amiss <eg> A wide variety of good eats would be appreciated everywhere!

Last edited by Market Mama; 08-24-2007 at 07:19 AM..

Old 08-24-2007, 09:33 AM

5,089 posts, read 15,372,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Market Mama View Post
Jazzlover may have worded his point badly, but he does nonetheless have a valid point about the "Eastern attitude". Here's one small but very common example -- I live in the country outside of Boulder, the neighbors have horses and don't maintain lawns (not enough water since we're all on wells). A New Jersey couple who declared that they had fallen in love with Colorado and country life moved in. Within 3 months they were complaining, loudly, about being on a well with limited flow (which they knew about beforehand), flies, deer eating their fancy new shrubs, dust from the dirt road we all live in and <gasp> having to slow down for kids riding horses on our low traffic country roads. Within a year they were petitioning to force everyone in the neighborhood to pay for city water and paved roads.

Why move somewhere completely different and then try to force the new place to morph into the place they came from? I don't expect people to lose their accents but I do wish they'd be a bit more aware of, appreciate and try to preserve the differences they say they came here for.

I love New York City and visit there often, just because it is so different. But I'd hate to see Colorado changed into an imitation of either New York City or California. Although a few more uptown, world-class restaurants wouldn't be amiss <eg> A wide variety of good eats would be appreciated everywhere!
Nicely Said! Good Example of that type of Bad Behavior. I agree that California and New York can contribute great foods and cuisine to Colorado.

Old 08-24-2007, 10:25 AM

106 posts, read 431,254 times
Come on in... the waters fine.

We are who we are, and there is nothing wrong with that. I would say that every state has its "flavor" and I for one want them to stay that way. Being from Ca, I have tried to become a Coloradoan as this is the state I call home. I think as long as you do the same, there will be no problems.

As for the price range, I'd say look North of Denver along the I-25 corridor (between Denver and Fort Collins), I think you will find many places that fit your needs.

OOO And if you do happen to bring a good NY deli or Italian restaurant with you, I for one will not complain... I will however ask for directions and possibly a discount

Old 11-18-2008, 11:18 AM

7 posts, read 28,405 times
Default what is the pay scale for a register nurse in CO no experience

If some one could give me a pay scale or ball park figure as to what a RN makes in CO with no experience. I will be looking to move there not too long after a Graduate from school. I will definitely want to go out there with my wife and daughter to check things out this summer. Also any information that you could give me about Louisville and Fort Collins would be very useful also local universities and school districts are important. If there is a college in the area with an NP program that would be helpful too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado