Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 01:51 PM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times

Advertisements

Sorry about that AA, I was just trying to use my creativity. If we're going to write a story about the area, we might as well go all out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2007, 03:25 PM

7 posts, read 41,558 times
Hey now... what was so 'of course' about that?? lol. Like I've been there before.

Well, actually, I have, but the only thing I remember is San Isabel lake. And Bishop's Castle, which apparently wasn't there anyway.

Well, with the jewelry shop, at least it's not TOO unrealistic.

New question: On the sides of the streets, what kind of gutters are there (yes, it's important. Speaking of creativity and all... by what type, I mean is it that kind with bars over them hanging off the sidewalk, or the kind that are kind of under the sidewalk, that you can squeeze into (if you really wanted to, that is)
It's okay if you think I'm crazy It really is :P

Old 09-06-2007, 03:56 PM

I'm gonna have to take my camera up there. I don't remember Steven King type details.

Here's a pic from Rye right in front of the fire station, and the other at the post office;

Here, you can clearly see the curb and gutter work.

You'll never guess the motto at the Rye Post Office. Yup, you guessed it, "Rain, snow, or shine!"

Old 09-07-2007, 04:22 PM

7 posts, read 41,558 times
LOl. Wow.
No way. Gutters are not a mere detail. Now how boring would that be??
It's for drowning people in, of course x]

Old 08-30-2008, 07:28 PM

3 posts, read 13,284 times
Default Home

[quote=Anonymous_Author;1358591]Hello everyone! I need to know anything, and everything about Rye COlorado for my current project. Some of the following questions would be helpful like...

*For school's, is there a school in Rye, or is there a bus to take the kids to another town? About how many people per class (i.e. 2008, 2009... 2022) would you estimate? There are 2 schools in Rye. Rye High School and Rye Elementary School. For middle school, kids go to Craver Middle School located a few miles east of Rye, in Colorado City. I couldnt give an estimate on class size though. I graduated from Rye High School in 2004 and there were about 45 in my graduating class.

*What kind of things are there to do? There is not much to do in Rye unless you love the outdoors. There are a lot of places to hike and there is Rye Mountain Park. If you want to do anything like go shopping ,or go to the movies, residents go to Pueblo, which is about 20 miles away. Also, many of Rye's residents commute to Pueblo every day for their jobs.

*I understand that Bishop's Castle is in Rye. IS this an often visited place, or just more of soemthing that's there? Bisops Castle is located just outside of Pueblo County, in Custer County, it is not in Rye, but it is pretty close. People often visit Bishops Castle. In the summer months it is pretty crowded.

*What do the local people do in the freetime? They pretty much go to Pueblo...

If you have anything else, that would be useful too. I also know it snows alot (this is Colorado... of course it does!!) I'm more looking for activities to do. IS there a park?? That would be sueful to know too...

Thank you!

Old 08-30-2008, 07:34 PM

3 posts, read 13,284 times
no train currently in rye though...

Old 10-28-2009, 11:30 PM

1 posts, read 4,476 times
My fiance and I are looking to move to Colorado from Georgia soon after we get married and we are researching towns that we might like to make our home in. Rye is one of our top picks because of the scenery. But I would like to know about the schools there and also the commute to Colorado City and Pueblo. If anyone could assist in this information it would be sincerly appreciated.

Old 11-01-2009, 03:54 PM

I am going to refer you to this thread here. From it, you can go to the #6 post and find some specifics about school ratings... thanks to our once inhabitant Charles who now resides in Alabama.

Old 06-04-2010, 04:55 PM

1 posts, read 4,029 times
I lived in Rye, Co for the first 24 years of my life; graduating in 1985. I have lived in OK for the past 18 years. There is not a day that goes by that I don't think about the Greenhorn Valley and the mountains I grew up on. My husband and I are currently buying a house above San Isabel. We only get there one week a year, but it is the most peaceful week of the whole year. When we turn off I-25 at Apache City, I can feel the peace returning to me that I felt as a child and young adult.

I can't be sure of the school system now, but when I went there it was very apparent the teachers REALLY cared about the kids. Not only did they provide us with basic educations, they also helped us learn to be GOOD, productive citizens. I value and exercise those life lessons every day and thank God these people were in my life.

I hope someday soon we will be able to spend alot more time in Rye and San Isabel. It is truly God's Country!!!

Old 06-06-2010, 11:34 PM

Welcome back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado