Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Colorado Legalize Marijuana?
Yes 164 76.64%
No. 50 23.36%
Voters: 214. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 09:41 AM

3,296 posts, read 9,678,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
delta07 wrote:
maybe we ought to take a step back and walk a mile in these folks shoes. We don't know what we would have turned to if we found ourselves in their situations.
This is a great example of the compassion I was talking about in this post ( #278 ). Thanks for sharing your wisdom! We like to think we know what's going on with the so-called losers, but in truth we don't have a clue. It's just the know-it-all ego, foolishly asserting itself, revealing our ignorance to the world.
Oh, but it's so much easier to discount them as human beings because they are unproductive or flawed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2012, 11:50 AM

1,072 posts, read 1,944,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob from down south View Post
An assessment of my credibility by a self-confessed drug abuser means nothing to me.

Referring to a self-confessed drug abuser as "a self-confessed drug abuser" is not name-calling, that's simply an observation of fact.
Bob, your "opinion" is not fact, it's just an opinion. Just like a$$****es, everyone has one. Obviously, yours is just bigger than most. You apparently need some help with that since you don't seem to be able to add anything to the conversation, just spout insults and call people names like a child.

How old are you Bob..... like 9?

Old 01-20-2012, 02:59 PM

3,981 posts, read 5,007,566 times
Interesting thread...REALLY!! I've honestly enjoyed reading all the opinions here...of course, I have much to add but am choosing not to b/c I think a lot of important points have already been made. The thing I'd like to say most though is: Bob scares me. I don't even know where to begin but you all know. Wow...just plain WOW!!

Old 01-21-2012, 05:38 PM

313 posts, read 724,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsonCityKid View Post
I personally don't like to be around high people, I feel they act funny and it just makes me uncomfortable. I enjoy drinking but i hate being drunk and I hate being around drunks. I just generally love my mindset the way it is and prefer not to alter it too much.
Why do people smoke so much? It seems like a religion to some people.
I just feel that sitting on a mountain and breathing in the fresh air is the greatest high there is.
You can say the same about religion and politics. People need an outlet that makes them feel good at least for awhile.

Old 01-22-2012, 12:06 AM

2,221 posts, read 5,281,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellNic View Post
Interesting thread...REALLY!! I've honestly enjoyed reading all the opinions here...of course, I have much to add but am choosing not to b/c I think a lot of important points have already been made. The thing I'd like to say most though is: Bob scares me. I don't even know where to begin but you all know. Wow...just plain WOW!!
That's good to hear.

Old 01-22-2012, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoButCounty View Post
Bob, your "opinion" is not fact, it's just an opinion. Just like a$$****es, everyone has one. Obviously, yours is just bigger than most. You apparently need some help with that since you don't seem to be able to add anything to the conversation, just spout insults and call people names like a child.
Referring to a self-confessed drug abuser as a "self-confessed drug abuser" is not name calling nor is it opinion...it's an observation of fact.

I find it very amusing to see you throwing out insults about a$$ size and then in the very next sentence you...accuse me of spouting insults. It's the sort of thing I expect to hear coming from, well you know, a self-confessed drug abuser.

Old 01-22-2012, 08:37 AM

1,072 posts, read 1,944,418 times
Quote:
Referring to a self-confessed drug abuser as a "self-confessed drug abuser" is not name calling nor is it opinion...it's an observation of fact.

I find it very amusing to see you throwing out insults about a$$ size and then in the very next sentence you...accuse me of spouting insults. It's the sort of thing I expect to hear coming from, well you know, a self-confessed drug abuser.
More name calling Bob? That's all you know how to do, isn't it? You can't debate these issues because you don't understand them. That's pretty simple for anyone to see Bob. Your knowledge on this entire issue is nonexistent. You're obviously not even smart enough to be embarrassed by it since you keep calling people names. But then, that's the only thing you know how to do.

Old 01-22-2012, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoButCounty View Post
More name calling Bob? That's all you know how to do, isn't it? You can't debate these issues because you don't understand them. That's pretty simple for anyone to see Bob. Your knowledge on this entire issue is nonexistent. You're obviously not even smart enough to be embarrassed by it since you keep calling people names. But then, that's the only thing you know how to do.

I understand enough from having seen first-hand how drug use destroys lives, families, and the fabric of society. I've done volunteer work at shelters...drug abuse was a contributing factor for most of those we tried to help. A drug abuser arguing that we should accept drug abuse because he's "successful" and believes (delusionally) he has his own drug abuse under control is so common a behavior as to be justifiably stereotypical.

I have three masters degrees, and I retired almost four years ago at age 48. I'm smart enough.

Old 01-22-2012, 02:17 PM

2,203 posts, read 5,079,488 times
Quote:

I understand enough from having seen first-hand how drug use destroys lives, families, and the fabric of society. I've done volunteer work at shelters...drug abuse was a contributing factor for most of those we tried to help. A drug abuser arguing that we should accept drug abuse because he's "successful" and believes (delusionally) he has his own drug abuse under control is so common a behavior as to be justifiably stereotypical.

I have three masters degrees, and I retired almost four years ago at age 48. I'm smart enough.
Marijuana isn't a drug it's an herb.
I can't believe you've seen so much destruction of society and family because of marijuana. Only marijuana? Not Meth and marijuana, or cocaine and marijuana, or alcohol and marijuana? Hard to believe....and I'm your age...almost.

Old 01-22-2012, 05:40 PM

3,296 posts, read 9,678,986 times
Quote:
Sorry, but drug abuse isn't a person's lot in life...it's a life choice--a poor one--and not worthy of respect. The guys I respect are the ones that deal with life's tougher challenges without resorting to dope.
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta07 View Post
So Bob, I take it you've never taken a pain pill and are not prescribed any medications? Because those are drugs too, just saying...
Bob, since you've yet to respond to any of my posts, I'll venture to guess that you can't answer me honestly and say you have not taken or don't take any prescription drugs. Since you use those, you must be a loser by your reasoning.

Use does not equal abuse. I use a myriad of "drugs," caffeine and alcohol are my big ones, but I wouldn't say I abuse any of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado