Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Colorado Legalize Marijuana?
Yes 164 76.64%
No. 50 23.36%
Voters: 214. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 09:02 PM

2,221 posts, read 5,290,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC~Mom View Post
Marijuana isn't a drug it's an herb.
It's an organic drug when smoked/ingested for its mind-altering effects. As is peyote and coca.

Quote:
I can't believe you've seen so much destruction of society and family because of marijuana. Only marijuana? Not Meth and marijuana, or cocaine and marijuana, or alcohol and marijuana? Hard to believe....and I'm your age...almost.
All of the above...but MJ abuse is a common theme often associated with the others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2012, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta07 View Post
Bob, since you've yet to respond to any of my posts, I'll venture to guess that you can't answer me honestly and say you have not taken or don't take any prescription drugs. Since you use those, you must be a loser by your reasoning.
You venture wrongly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta07 View Post
Use does not equal abuse. I use a myriad of "drugs," caffeine and alcohol are my big ones, but I wouldn't say I abuse any of them.
Committing a felony or engaging in subterfuge to enable usage of a drug is evidence of abuse. That includes buying drugs illegally on the street, sneaking drinks or otherwise taking action to avoid detection, and healthy people feigning chronic pain to get a prescription for MJ and/or opiate pain relievers.

Old 01-23-2012, 05:43 AM

2,203 posts, read 5,084,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob from down south View Post
You venture wrongly.

Committing a felony or engaging in subterfuge to enable usage of a drug is evidence of abuse. That includes buying drugs illegally on the street, sneaking drinks or otherwise taking action to avoid detection, and healthy people feigning chronic pain to get a prescription for MJ and/or opiate pain relievers.
So when it's legalized, will you change your stance?
I would be more concerned with the legal drugs...alcohol and cigarettes.

Old 01-23-2012, 05:49 AM

91 posts, read 199,764 times
Quote:
You venture wrongly.

Choosing to bypass immoral and illogical laws in order to live by ones own deductions is what it means to be a man, and also an American.

You must be the other guy.

What a horrid and dangerously totalitarian-esque line of reasoning, Bob. The logistical skills used here are very frightening and thankfully, not popular.

If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so..

- Thomas Jefferson

Bob, if steak were illegal I'd be sneaking an ice-filled cooler to my farmer buddies house after the slaughter regularly. I enjoy steak and I hope it's always part of my weekly tradition, legal or not. Using your logistical skills and moral guidelines, my would-be steak-smuggling is evidence of my deep-seeded beef addiction.

Or maybe I just like steak once and a while. Just like pot.

You just cannot seem to intellectually or emotionally accept the fact that some people find pleasure in things you don't like or understand. You're just going to grow up one day and make peace with that, Bob.

Last edited by boulderduder; 01-23-2012 at 05:58 AM..

Old 01-23-2012, 07:40 AM

3,983 posts, read 5,014,989 times
Quote:
That's good to hear.
It's OK that you don't know why.

Old 01-23-2012, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boulderduder View Post
Choosing to bypass immoral and illogical laws in order to live by ones own deductions is what it means to be a man, and also an American.
Choosing to bypass immoral and illogical laws in order to live by ones own deductions is what it means to be a criminal, and also a felon.

There, I fixed it for ya.

Quote:
What a horrid and dangerously totalitarian-esque line of reasoning, Bob. The logistical skills used here are very frightening and thankfully, not popular.
Logistical skills? Or did you mean logical skills? Maybe you should stick to single-syllable words or perhaps stop using, eh?

Quote:
Bob, if steak were illegal I'd be sneaking an ice-filled cooler to my farmer buddies house after the slaughter regularly.
But steak's not illegal, maybe because it's not a mind-altering drug. Moot friggin' point.

Quote:
You just cannot seem to intellectually or emotionally accept the fact that some people find pleasure in things you don't like or understand. You're just going to grow up one day and make peace with that, Bob.
Yeah, I also can't intellectually and emotionally accept the fact that some people like having sex with little kids...something I do not like and do not understand. As with recreational drug abuse, I am still quite confident that it's WRONG. And no, I will never make peace with either.

Old 01-23-2012, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellNic View Post
It's OK that you don't know why.
I don't CARE. Big difference.

Old 01-23-2012, 11:48 PM

Quote:
So when it's legalized, will you change your stance?
I would be more concerned with the legal drugs...alcohol and cigarettes.
I will always look down my nose at recreational drug users as losers on a self-charted path into the abyss...but if it's legalized I will wish them bon voyage and then turn my back on them.

Old 01-24-2012, 05:13 AM

3,869 posts, read 15,170,667 times
Quote:
Choosing to bypass immoral and illogical laws in order to live by ones own deductions is what it means to be a criminal, and also a felon.
There, I fixed it for ya.

A step to far.

Pot in many states has been DEcriminalized for a long time now.
CO, LAW.
Penalties for Marijuana Use and Possession in Colorado:

Possession of 1 oz or less
Petty Offense
The penalty is a $100 fine.

Penalties for Growing, Selling and Trafficking Marijuana:

Sale or Cultivation:
Less than 1 oz
Petty Offense
The Penalty is a fine of $100

In many states an adult 21years or older can posses a 1oz if it is in their home and for personal use with out a medical card. There is no jail time associated with this, the only thing that could happen is a fine.

No jail= it's not a criminal offense.

It's O.K. everyone Bob probably doesn't think his beer and smokes are recreational drugs ether.

Old 01-24-2012, 06:15 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,828,036 times
Before I delve on my input I'll first say that I've never touched the stuff; I don't know if all of the wild things I've heard about what happens to pot users is true or not. I've known quite a few smokers in my life and they seem fine considering so; my uncle smokes it quite a bit and is still a productive member of society. My cousin and several of my friends and brothers' friends also seem to be fine although they're not major go-getters or anything.

My biggest problem with pot is whether or not it is indeed laced with other drugs (as I've heard). If that was the case I'd have more of a problem with it but I have never found out and I don't lose sleep wondering.

A 1996 Reader's Digest article "But It's Only Pot" tells a story about a teenaged girl in Chicago who'd gotten involved in smoking pot. It became a habit for her, and she started using it before she had to do anything. The article went into the girl's subsequent experimenting of other drugs as well, some of which ended up being more dangerous for her than pot ever was.

My issue with the article was of how it seemed to argue the point that smoking pot automatically meant that someone who does so will graduate to experimenting with more dangerous drugs, which I don't believe is necessarily true. That was the stance the article seemed to point to as they dialogued this girl's downward spiral. What they hardly mentioned was that it was the girl's friends who were likely the problem; they got her into smoking pot and they got her into experimenting with other drugs.

Luckily her parents recognized that was at least part of the problem as they took her away for awhile to "get her away from her friends" after a stint which the girl had smoked pot, used cocaine and drank herself nearly to death.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado