U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 08-31-2007, 09:44 PM
 
Location: Northern Colorado
7,518 posts, read 17,696,258 times
Reputation: 4738

Advertisements

Another thing that is for sure, extreme weather that can happen here in the winter. One week the weather can be like the beginning of summer and the next week a dang snowstorm or blizzard can come in. We remember this past April when a snowstorm started the week out and by the weekend the temps were in the 70's and boats all over Chatfield and Cherry Creek. Please don't get us wrong, we have loved the weather here in the winter......until I fell and tore those tendons, had surgery and am still getting my range-of-motion back. As said before, that was enough for us. It was then we knew that we had to leave beautiful Colorado before a really serious accident happened to either of us. For those that love the weather here, that's great!
Rate this post positively

 
Old 09-01-2007, 09:14 PM
 
Location: Foot of the Rockies
90,377 posts, read 109,281,438 times
Reputation: 35920
We are approaching the date of the earliest seasonal snow in Denver: Sept. 3. Somehow, I don't think we are going to get any snow that early this year!

Louisville, Colorado (80027) Conditions & Forecast : Weather Underground

Scroll down to Public Information Statement, Sept. 3.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-01-2007, 10:02 PM
 
Location: Highlands Ranch, CO
615 posts, read 2,838,089 times
Reputation: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittnurse70 View Post
We are approaching the date of the earliest seasonal snow in Denver: Sept. 3. Somehow, I don't think we are going to get any snow that early this year!
Probably will wait until Halloween, so have a backup costume in mind for your kids.

You know ski season is coming close with the Sniagrab sale upon us. Just got the kids setup with winter gear. You would hope that the gear would last them more than a year, but unfortunately not. Daughter got herself a snowboard package, with her summer job earnings. We just need passes now and we will be ready for the snow!
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-01-2007, 10:24 PM
 
Location: Northern Colorado
7,518 posts, read 17,696,258 times
Reputation: 4738
Know wonder you love living here and the snow in the winter! Have fun!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpraceman View Post
Probably will wait until Halloween, so have a backup costume in mind for your kids.

You know ski season is coming close with the Sniagrab sale upon us. Just got the kids setup with winter gear. You would hope that the gear would last them more than a year, but unfortunately not. Daughter got herself a snowboard package, with her summer job earnings. We just need passes now and we will be ready for the snow!
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-01-2007, 11:06 PM
 
Location: Highlands Ranch, CO
615 posts, read 2,838,089 times
Reputation: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
Know wonder you love living here and the snow in the winter! Have fun!!!
If the white stuff is around, no sense letting it go to waste
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-04-2007, 08:50 AM
 
Location: Colorado
10,017 posts, read 17,540,160 times
Reputation: 2170
I lived in NC, weather there is miserable from may to end of september, humidity and heat!! Sometimes 95% humidity and 90 degrees, and lots of bugs. Then in winter in the mountains you do get snow, and Ice in the triangle and charlotte. Which of course they cannot drive in to save there life and stores and schools are closed for a week. Not to mention the week long power outages. We had severe thunderstorms that damaged our car and roof of house, and tornadoes and hurricanes which knocked down trees, floods and such. So bad weather is everywhere!! I will take Colorado anyday!!!
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-04-2007, 10:02 AM
 
Location: Foot of the Rockies
90,377 posts, read 109,281,438 times
Reputation: 35920
Nea1, I will take Colorado any day, too. But my DD's car was totaled in a hailstorm here a few summers ago. Nothing wrong internally with the car, so she still has it, but it can't be insured except for liability.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-04-2007, 10:10 AM
 
Location: Colorado
10,017 posts, read 17,540,160 times
Reputation: 2170
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittnurse70 View Post
Nea1, I will take Colorado any day, too. But my DD's car was totaled in a hailstorm here a few summers ago. Nothing wrong internally with the car, so she still has it, but it can't be insured except for liability.
I know about those!! My husband had just bought a new 2006 Dodge 2500 crew cab in NC. We were moving in about a month and though we were safe but a good thunderstorm came through and dumped 1 inch hail down,so many craters in his hood and roof, it looked like the moon!! He was NOT happy, we havent expereinced it here yet.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-05-2007, 02:48 PM
 
Location: Northern Colorado
7,518 posts, read 17,696,258 times
Reputation: 4738
Sorry, but we have talked (thru PM's) a number of people that live in the Charlotte area right now and they sure don't make living there sound as bad as you do in this reply. One thing is for sure, if we don't like living there, we will just move somewhere else. Another thing for sure, there are tons of people who wouldn't even think about moving to Colorado, Arizona, Nevada, Florida, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan.......on and on and on for a number of different reasons. And, a lot of people here in the Denver metro area don't know how to drive in winter weather either. "Slow down" they are told. Yea, right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I lived in NC, weather there is miserable from may to end of september, humidity and heat!! Sometimes 95% humidity and 90 degrees, and lots of bugs. Then in winter in the mountains you do get snow, and Ice in the triangle and charlotte. Which of course they cannot drive in to save there life and stores and schools are closed for a week. Not to mention the week long power outages. We had severe thunderstorms that damaged our car and roof of house, and tornadoes and hurricanes which knocked down trees, floods and such. So bad weather is everywhere!! I will take Colorado anyday!!!
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-05-2007, 06:26 PM
 
Location: Colorado
10,017 posts, read 17,540,160 times
Reputation: 2170
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
Sorry, but we have talked (thru PM's) a number of people that live in the Charlotte area right now and they sure don't make living there sound as bad as you do in this reply. One thing is for sure, if we don't like living there, we will just move somewhere else. Another thing for sure, there are tons of people who wouldn't even think about moving to Colorado, Arizona, Nevada, Florida, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan.......on and on and on for a number of different reasons. And, a lot of people here in the Denver metro area don't know how to drive in winter weather either. "Slow down" they are told. Yea, right!
Yea I fell for the ole, rose colored glasses on the NC forum, lots of peopled emailed me how great it was, me and a many others found out the hard way but we get attacked if we post it on the forums. It wasnt just the weather. I saw you post negative things about Denver , so far I havent had any bad experiences here, just the opposite. People can post their experiences, everyone has a different one, I look at the good and bad now, not just the good, learned that from my NC experience, I should have known better.

Last edited by Nea1; 09-05-2007 at 06:35 PM..
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:20 PM.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top