Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 10:44 AM

835 posts, read 2,856,787 times

Advertisements

cant wait to move there permanetly later this month!!! I feel like Jeremiah Johnson!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2007, 12:44 PM

1,048 posts, read 4,345,974 times
Good luck with the move! Which city are you moving to?

Old 09-04-2007, 01:12 PM

18,022 posts, read 27,468,060 times
Ever skin a Griz?

Hawk. Goin' for the Musselshell. Take me a week's ridin', and he'll be there in... hell, he's there already.

I, Hatchet Jack, being of sound mind and broke legs, do leaveth my rifle to the next thing who finds it, Lord hope he be a white man. It is a good rifle, and killeth the bear that killeth me. Anyway, I am dead. Sincerley, Hatchet Jack.

Where you headed? Same place you are, Jeremiah: hell, in the end.

Are you all right? Sure, sure, I got a fine horse under me! [sneezes] Got one of them feathers in my nose. You keep sneezing, it'll come out all right. Haven't seen anyone pass by recent, have you? Nobody's gone in front of me. Can't say what's happened behind me, though.
Jeremiah Johnson: The Injuns put you here? T'weren't Mormons. A Chief, name of Mad Wolf. Nice fella, don't talk a hell of a lot. Say, you wouldn't have an extra hat on you, would you? Shade's getting' scarce in these parts. What'd you shave your head for? Mad Wolf figures like every other ***** I know. Says this scalp isn't fit for no decent man's lodgepole. Ain't the first time I've protected my head in such a way. Name's Del Gue, with an "e".

So, if things around here haven't changed much in 160 years, you might find that a .50 caliber rifle and a shaved head may come in handy.

Old 09-05-2007, 06:03 AM

151 posts, read 714,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Ever skin a Griz?

Hawk. Goin' for the Musselshell. Take me a week's ridin', and he'll be there in... hell, he's there already.

I, Hatchet Jack, being of sound mind and broke legs, do leaveth my rifle to the next thing who finds it, Lord hope he be a white man. It is a good rifle, and killeth the bear that killeth me. Anyway, I am dead. Sincerley, Hatchet Jack.

Where you headed? Same place you are, Jeremiah: hell, in the end.

Are you all right? Sure, sure, I got a fine horse under me! [sneezes] Got one of them feathers in my nose. You keep sneezing, it'll come out all right. Haven't seen anyone pass by recent, have you? Nobody's gone in front of me. Can't say what's happened behind me, though.
Jeremiah Johnson: The Injuns put you here? T'weren't Mormons. A Chief, name of Mad Wolf. Nice fella, don't talk a hell of a lot. Say, you wouldn't have an extra hat on you, would you? Shade's getting' scarce in these parts. What'd you shave your head for? Mad Wolf figures like every other ***** I know. Says this scalp isn't fit for no decent man's lodgepole. Ain't the first time I've protected my head in such a way. Name's Del Gue, with an "e".

So, if things around here haven't changed much in 160 years, you might find that a .50 caliber rifle and a shaved head may come in handy.
RFLMAOOOOOOOO!!! Here's hoping reality is at least a third as pleasing as fantasy.

Old 09-05-2007, 07:58 PM

movin to Evergreen at 7500' its rocky mtn livin folks, since i was 12 and first saw that movie i have been head over heals for colorado!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-05-2007, 08:00 PM

i wish i was one of the mtn men trappers of the 1800s wudv been a good life mtns blizzards indians rendevous' ahh the life of a mtn man!!!

Old 09-07-2007, 08:12 PM

1,920 posts, read 2,780,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onthamove View Post
cant wait to move there permanetly later this month!!! I feel like Jeremiah Johnson!!!
were you the one I posted to in june that lived in Illinoise?

Old 09-08-2007, 08:50 AM

63 posts, read 334,224 times
Great Movie ...

The Rockies!!!
When I am up above Timber in the early Fall,feel the wind blow and hear the Elk Bugle.....OH MAN ...it gives me chills! ....What a place!!!

Old 09-08-2007, 04:55 PM

2,253 posts, read 6,987,382 times
Cool ???

I loved the title of your post and that alone caused me to read it.

Just a mention that if Jeremiah Johnson moved to Colorado, circa 2007, he probably wouldn't choose Evergreen, nice as it is.

All the best.

Old 09-08-2007, 06:28 PM

8,317 posts, read 29,476,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onthamove View Post
i wish i was one of the mtn men trappers of the 1800s wudv been a good life mtns blizzards indians rendevous' ahh the life of a mtn man!!!
Not to put too fine a point on it, but the Jerimiah Johnson movie was filmed in UTAH! Most of it was filmed around what is now Robert Redford's resort development at Sundance, northeast of Provo. NONE of the movie was filmed in Colorado . . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
View detailed profiles of: