Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does a 'water association' sound like a doable thing?
Yes 5 71.43%
No 2 28.57%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 01:24 PM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times

Advertisements

Form a clan... of about 25 or so non-mormon folks... run for mayor... bring in some prostitution gambling and liquor stores... and vote the current regime out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2012, 12:45 PM

7 posts, read 13,257 times
I do miss being close enough to drive through there at least. We've thought about it for summers (may have already mentioned that) but, we don't know anyone there or anything and we have family in Flagstaff and Pinetop 3hrs away here that we can stay at to get out of the heat.

Oh well, worste case, we pay less that $3 a year for taxes... LOL...we'll just keep it, will it to my son, he can will it to his son, and maybe by then...it'll be worth something

Last edited by Mike from back east; 04-17-2012 at 10:09 AM..

Old 04-16-2012, 08:23 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,677,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvrittMcgill View Post
I know it! I do miss being close enough to drive through there at least. We've thought about it for summers (may have already mentioned that) but, we don't know anyone there or anything and we have family in Flagstaff and Pinetop 3hrs away here that we can stay at to get out of the heat.

Oh well, worste case, we pay less that $3 a year for taxes... LOL...we'll just keep it, will it to my son, he can will it to his son, and maybe by then...it'll be worth something
If you've already paid for it and you don't owe much every year as taxes, you may want to keep it if it's going to take so much time and money to sell it. It's a buyer's market and rural Colorado has rural lots of ranchland with a view of the mountains out the wazoo that could feed generations of dreamy baby boomers if such a thing existed.

Perhaps in 10-20 years, if the economy recovers and the "I wanna build a eco friendly fair trade home in the mountains, daytrade my way to millions and teach holistic laugh yoga on the side" crowd comes back, then that might be a better time to sell or it's possible the water situation will have other possibilities by then.

Old 07-31-2012, 12:06 AM

5,068 posts, read 10,132,051 times
I had read this:
"So far one only knew that the mass of the world-wide ocean water varies seasonally by on average approximately three quadrillion kilogrammes (a quadrillion equals to 1 followed by 15 zeroes) - that implies a sea level variation of approx. seven to eight millimetres. This effect is brought about, among others, by variations in precipitation and evaporation as well as by the storage of water as snow. But, also, the melting of the glaciers and the ice masses in Greenland and in the Antarctic play a role."

If we were to filter it that ocean water, there would be plenty. I'd also read that the weather will be a bit dryer in coming years, so we need to start thinking about water as a resource.

Old 07-31-2012, 01:46 AM

9,891 posts, read 11,766,452 times
Bringing in water from a tap as you call it is consider a few things:

1)--Can you get a permit to do it, as the water control people and the county, etc., will require this and it will have to have approved plans, and inspections.

2)--Can you get an easement through the other properties to run the line. Without an easement through each property, you cannot do this. One party that is not willing to let an easement through their property can stop the whole project unless there is an existing water line easement throughout the project.

3)--Is the water supply sufficient if you try to have a number of people on that line in your subdivision. It may not be possible to get enough water, as you know the water rights are already owned and only the water supply entity can give you this answer.

And that is just the start of the questions you need to answer.

Old 07-31-2012, 09:18 PM

5,068 posts, read 10,132,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
If you've already paid for it and you don't owe much every year as taxes, you may want to keep it if it's going to take so much time and money to sell it. It's a buyer's market and rural Colorado has rural lots of ranchland with a view of the mountains out the wazoo that could feed generations of dreamy baby boomers if such a thing existed.

Perhaps in 10-20 years, if the economy recovers and the "I wanna build a eco friendly fair trade home in the mountains, daytrade my way to millions and teach holistic laugh yoga on the side" crowd comes back, then that might be a better time to sell or it's possible the water situation will have other possibilities by then.
Holistic laugh yoga! I had never heard of such a thing. Hmmm, you might have something, there.

Old 08-07-2012, 02:43 PM

6 posts, read 10,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian.Pearson View Post
Holistic laugh yoga! I had never heard of such a thing. Hmmm, you might have something, there.
actually it really exists. i saw a documentary on many different styles of yoga on netflix. laughing yoga was shown as one of various newer styles. not for me, give me a hot room and lots of flow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado