Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 06:32 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,761,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by outasightoutamind View Post
Is there a place in Colorado that the rent doesnt exceed 1200 a month for an apt/house/condo exsist?

Can a person just work to work, not work to live. I want a place where I can rent a little bit of an abode, work at a job that I enjoy and walk outside and take a deep breathe of fresh mountainy air and thank god that I am alive. Is this to much to ask? Am I just seeing stars?
You tell us.

Your $1200/month rent budget sounds very doable.

What kind of work do you do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2007, 07:02 PM

355 posts, read 1,404,351 times
1200?!?!?!?! ive seen studios in golden UTILITIES INCLUDED for 600$

so im guessin 1200$ would get u top of the line......shi* u could live summit county for that

Old 09-28-2007, 08:20 PM

49 posts, read 91,115 times
Hospitality is the name of my game.
And I know that 1200.00 a month is doable. But personally I am tired of living to work. My 1200.00 a month in Florida will rent you a remodeled hotel turned apt/eff units, you can't touch a condo of decent size for that and a house is out of the question. I want simplicity without all the fluff. Fluff is good but its highly overrated. I need calm quiet waters, cool mountain breezes and a whole lot of nothing. Looking to decompress, do you know that feeling?

Old 09-28-2007, 08:25 PM

600.00 month plus utilities, studio COOL.
I could live there for the rest of my life. Don't need a lot of space. Just a place to call home and hang my hat sort to speak. Simple, I am simple not stupid simple(LOL) but just simple, nothing fancy. Don't want fancy or high livin. I really do appreciate everyone's insight and comment's isnt it great to be able to communicate thousands of miles away, life is just grand.

Old 09-29-2007, 04:50 AM

355 posts, read 1,404,351 times
hah im in FL too!! i pay 1100 month at the moment BS........only one month left in this hell

Old 09-29-2007, 09:34 AM

Congrats on your month to go. I still have around 7 or 8 months to go. Finishing out a lease and a contract with job.
I find all the information refreshing. I look forward to seeing something other then a palm tree, the gulf and new condo's.
Don't get me wrong I will still come here for a vacation, better yet maybe not. I will be so close to the beloved Pacific that is my original home that I may just split the south all together.
Good luck to everyone who is making a change and god bless

Old 09-29-2007, 10:40 AM

170 posts, read 761,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outasightoutamind View Post
Congrats on your month to go. I still have around 7 or 8 months to go. Finishing out a lease and a contract with job.
I find all the information refreshing. I look forward to seeing something other then a palm tree, the gulf and new condo's.
Don't get me wrong I will still come here for a vacation, better yet maybe not. I will be so close to the beloved Pacific that is my original home that I may just split the south all together.
Good luck to everyone who is making a change and god bless
I made my big move here six months ago from South Tx and could not have made a better decision in my life! My mom and sis will probably move here in a few years. Best of luck to you all!

Old 09-29-2007, 11:10 AM

39 posts, read 327,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livecontent View Post
My best advice is--this is not a good place for you, and you are are not good for Colorado--not that there is anything wrong with you!!!

Livecontent
Great advice! Funny how the other threads are not the slightest bit bothered by those bigoted comments. It' sad in a way.

Old 09-29-2007, 12:30 PM

170 posts, read 761,904 times
Originally Posted by livecontent
My best advice is--this is not a good place for you, and you are are not good for Colorado--not that there is anything wrong with you!!!

Livecontent

Great advice! Funny how the other threads are not the slightest bit bothered by those bigoted comments. It' sad in a way.

I just went back and read the original post you are referring to...yikes!...I guess i missed that originally. Let me throw in a quote my MLK (yes, i like quotes!)

“I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.”

Old 10-04-2007, 01:17 AM

45 posts, read 275,741 times
If your willing to compromise on being so close to Denver, check out Colorado Springs instead. Woodland Park (about 20 - 30 mins from Co. Springs) sounds like it might be what you are looking for. Cute town nestled in the mountains above Colo. Springs. Colo. Springs has 2 regular malls with at least 1 other outdoor mall that I know of. Plus there is the outlet mall located in Castle Rock. There is plenty of other shopping to be had, plus theaters, restaurants, etc.

Other local attractions

Cheyenne Mountain Zoo
Cave of the Winds
Garden of the Gods
Seven Falls
Pro Rodeo Hall of Fame
Cliff Dwellings
Flying W Ranch
Pikes Peak Cog Railway
Not to mention the awesome views of Pikes Peak!!!

I hope this helps.

Kelly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado