Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 05:06 PM

157 posts, read 649,259 times

Advertisements

McGowdog:

Thanks for the great pic !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2007, 04:34 PM

63 posts, read 333,002 times
Montrose is Rural ..all around the town ..

Growth has slowed a bit and the town is so beautiful...

Love the new places to eat... that the growth has brought ,but still a small town atmosphere.

HM

Old 10-07-2007, 09:14 AM

3 posts, read 10,429 times
My husband and I own some property in Rye. We currently live in Florida but our goals is to move out West in a few years. We are in our mid-40's and want out of the ratrace in South Florida! We purchased a piece of the Hatchet Ranch properties. They are just off I-25 and about 8 miles back. Is anyone familiar with that area? I didn't realize Rye gets so much snow. We were told 10 inches a year. Some of the pictures on the posts, sure look more than 10 inches. Any comments on that area are greatly appreciated!! Thanks so much!

Old 10-07-2007, 05:22 PM

2,639 posts, read 3,196,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlcurcio View Post
My husband and I own some property in Rye. We currently live in Florida but our goals is to move out West in a few years. We are in our mid-40's and want out of the ratrace in South Florida! We purchased a piece of the Hatchet Ranch properties. They are just off I-25 and about 8 miles back. Is anyone familiar with that area? I didn't realize Rye gets so much snow. We were told 10 inches a year. Some of the pictures on the posts, sure look more than 10 inches. Any comments on that area are greatly appreciated!! Thanks so much!

I just checked best places.net and it says Rye gets 65 inches of snow annually but how that's divided, I don't have a clue. I viewed some photos of the town on the web; it looks like a lovely area.

Old 10-24-2007, 03:18 PM

49 posts, read 243,716 times
Thanks for all this wonderful information. Someone sent some info on some ranches near Walsenburg, going to look into them. Any info on Walsenburg? Where would one obtain on potential growth of a town in Colorado?

Old 10-24-2007, 05:44 PM

19 posts, read 73,910 times
Hi Burlingame. I wanted to weigh in on Fairplay and Alma. I will disclose that I am partial to the South Park Valley, Having bought 42 acres @ 10 miles south of Fairplay. Temps are a good 15+ warmer in Buena Vista and Salida than in Fairplay and it is a bit more extreme as you go up towards Alma and the Hoosier Pass. The upside is the entire valley South of Fairplay all the way to Hartsel is beautiful with frequent antelope sightings as well as a small herd of Buffalo at Hartsel Springs Ranch. If you need easy access to the amenities I would still recommend going the extra 20 minutes to Buena Vista or for very nice winters, I agree that Canon City would be a great choice.

Old 10-25-2007, 10:25 AM

5 posts, read 41,200 times
Thanks Park Fan, the more I keep reading all these posts, the more the Salida /Buena area sound good to me. What do you know about especially Salida, I wish I could find some decent priced land there or a house in town for something to move to in a few years.

Old 10-25-2007, 10:28 AM

5 posts, read 41,200 times
Actually, does anyone have any advice on Ranch of the Rockies? I saw their website yesterday and they look like a new development, but I can't tell if they have lots with many trees on them. I need trees. I do think that whole valley down from Fairplay to Hartsell is very pretty.

Old 10-26-2007, 10:01 PM
CTC

666 posts, read 1,457,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burlingame View Post
Actually, does anyone have any advice on Ranch of the Rockies? I saw their website yesterday and they look like a new development, but I can't tell if they have lots with many trees on them. I need trees. I do think that whole valley down from Fairplay to Hartsell is very pretty.
Yes it is pretty, but very few trees..wind swept and cold. You get what you pay for I guess. We were on a property search this summer-but the lack of trees at ROR's made us scratch that place off the list-you need some protection at altitude.

Old 10-28-2007, 01:42 PM

19 posts, read 73,910 times
Default The need for trees

I can understand the desire for trees at near alpine altitude, but you may want to check any parcel that looks interesting for recent damage by the Pine Bark Beetle. As many regulars on this forum may attest, it is doing damage all throughout Colorado. No one wants to start developing in an area that will be ravaged by this pest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado