Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 08:24 PM

62 posts, read 314,781 times

Advertisements

Check out sunsetridgehoa.com We just moved to this area and love it. We have Evergreen schools and public utilities. There are a few homes that have been for sale for a while and a few where people have to move due to job transfers...the prices are negotiable.. I drive to Denver every day it takes about 45 minutes and is a nice drive with little traffic. If you want more info email me at dbakalor@comcast.net
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2007, 01:06 AM

87 posts, read 383,186 times
Evergreen is lovely. Small, peaceful, in the mountains. Close to Denver.

Old 10-04-2007, 01:11 AM

87 posts, read 383,186 times
Evergreen is lovely. Small, peaceful, smack dab in the mountains. Close to Denver.

Old 10-04-2007, 10:53 AM

60 posts, read 479,885 times
Default Evergreen is what you should go for!

I've done a lot of house hunting in the last few months in that area and you will not be disappointed. Evergreen has it all. If you can get something in North Evergreen your commute should be less than 40 minutes. I have no idea what the winter conditions are for that stretch of highway. I am still waiting for someone to reply on another thread. I will let you know as soon as I get a reply. I'm so excited about moving to Evergreen. I hope it happens for you also!

Old 10-05-2007, 08:04 PM

48 posts, read 180,718 times
Also check out Indian Hills. It's a great community. Parmalee Gulch Elementary is rated Excellent. Then Middle and High School you can go to Conifer or Evergreen. It's a beautiful town close to Red Rocks up 285. You are 40-45 minutes away from Denver but it feels like you are in another world. It's peaceful and quiet. In the neighborhood near the school there are lots of families with children that are out riding their bikes. It's safe and friendly. It has a great small town feel. There are definitely homes for sale (along with lots to build on as well) and it's affordable. I know a lot about the area if you want more information.

Old 10-05-2007, 08:25 PM

8,317 posts, read 29,473,840 times
How quickly people forget the Hayman fire. A lot of those subdivisions in the Evergreen area are located in the same overgrown ponderosa forests that burned so wildly in the Hayman burn. The pine beetle epidemic is still here. That area is one bad dry spell away from being a tinderbox. Personally, I wouldn't live anywhere in the middle of a pine forest in Colorado right now--not unless my house had A LOT of defensible space in case of fire, and had a secure path of egress if the surrounding forest was burning.

All you have to see is one of these fires go nuts (I have) and it will put the fear of God in you.

Old 10-05-2007, 10:11 PM

4 posts, read 28,602 times
Check out Elisibeth, Co. Just east of Castle Rock.

Old 10-09-2007, 11:03 AM

8 posts, read 23,739 times
have you looked in to Castle Rock? They have excellent schools and pretty much everything you're looking for but the pop. is maybe 42K? Doesn't feel that big tho.

Old 10-22-2007, 12:42 PM

63 posts, read 488,055 times
My parents live in the Applewood suburb, it's a very nice area but I would never describe it as a town. It's a neighborhood stretching out over Lakewood, Wheatridge and Golden.

Evergreen is super nice and certainly caters to the upper class and wealthy. I went to Evergreen schools and had great experiences and my mother taught in Evergreen schools for years.

If you are willing to go a bit further north, Niwot would be another great community for you to look at.

Old 11-08-2007, 04:18 PM

10 posts, read 58,087 times
Louisville has excellent schools and it has all the items you listed in your initial post.

Check it out, I have lived here for 11 years and love it.

Mario
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado