Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 08:53 PM

2,957 posts, read 8,376,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
Other than your bashing of your ex-wife...this sums it up pretty good..except there are fleas and mosquitos..

Colorado is the best state...yes it has it's problems but I consider myself lucky I grew up there and one way or another I will be back. I miss it with every fiber of my being.
Hey, I only told the truth about her. All she did was ***** and complain the whole time she was here, so I sent her packing back to exactly what she wanted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2012, 07:05 PM

403 posts, read 1,325,454 times
I guess we've lucked out, since we have never seen a single flea or tick here (we have two large dogs), and we very rarely see mosquitoes. I've lived in two locations in the last 8 years, and have been to many open space parks. I don't spend a lot of time around standing water, so maybe that's why.

Old 09-23-2012, 08:26 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanek9freak View Post
Here's the thing, Colorado is one of those states where you fall in love instantly, or you hate it with every fiber of your being. You're gonna be one or the other, and nobody can convince you otherwise until you experience it for yourself. If you wanna know what Denver is like, get on a plane and go vist for a few days. Wanna see if Colorado Springs is as conservative as people say it is? Spend a week there. See for yourself, and make the decision based on what YOU think is best for you.
Actually, it kind of grows on some of us. I think I finally felt CO was "home" when my kids started school and I got involved in volunteering. Also when my husband said he didn't want to look for another job, ever again!

I do agree with the bold.

Old 09-23-2012, 09:47 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,822,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanek9freak View Post
Don't take anyone's word for it. This isnt' meant to be a bash on anyone, I just keep seeing these same tired posts over and over (and espcially when we have a search function, it's unecessary).

Here's the thing, Colorado is one of those states where you fall in love instantly, or you hate it with every fiber of your being. You're gonna be one or the other, and nobody can convince you otherwise until you experience it for yourself. If you wanna know what Denver is like, get on a plane and go vist for a few days. Wanna see if Colorado Springs is as conservative as people say it is? Spend a week there. See for yourself, and make the decision based on what YOU think is best for you.

Contrary to what some people would lead you to believe, you're welcome here, bring your dog, your husband, kids and your money. Just don't EVER come here and complain that it's not like where you came from, because if it were that much better, you'd still be living there, right?

This isn't the lush, green east, we don't have natural kentucky Bluegrass and deciduous trees (unless someone planted them) WE don't have much water. But beauty is in the eye of beholder. What we Do have, is awe enspiring natural scenery, limitless outdoor opportunnities (sp?), no fleas, very little to no mosqitoes, no humidity, tons of sunshine, I could go on forever.

Is it for everyone, no of course not. My ex wife absolutley hated it here, cause she was a spoiled rotten brat from connecticut that demanded lush green rolling hills and hardwood forests, something that Colorado simply can't provide, so if that's what you want, look elsewhere, you wont be happy.

All things considered (except for some ridiculous taxes and fees here), I love this state, and wouldn't think of living somewhere else. Stay for awhile, and I hope you come to the same conclusion.

/Ryan
My opinion is that one could save much time by reading The Fountainhead. If Roark were a bad guy, then they'll love Colorado. If Roark were a good guy, they'll probably dislike the place.

Old 10-21-2012, 10:52 AM

461 posts, read 546,405 times
"Colorado is one of those states where you fall in love instantly, or you hate it with every fiber of your being. You're gonna be one or the other, and nobody can convince you otherwise until you experience it for yourself."

No, that hasn't been my experience whatsoever. I moved here for a job, not for skiing, biking , or the mountains. So far, it's perfectly ok. The people are civil and educated, traffic is very light compared to where I've lived in the past, and the cost of living isn't very high, again based on my history. I work in downtown Denver, which is pretty unremarkable, and I haven't been to many of the places that I've read about here. I spend a lot of time in Boulder, and we've been up to Estes Park, down to Colorado Springs, and to Glenwood Springs. Other than that, it's work and shopping in the Denver metro area.

Before moving here, my other option was Seattle, but the job wasn't that attractive, and we felt that Colorado was a better place for us socially, politically, etc. I also didn't want to raise my daughter in the Seattle area, although I must say that her kindergarten has left us completely underwhelmed. It's only 2 hours and 45 minutes per day (M-F) and so far, they've taught her nothing. It's basically part time day care. Oh well.

Old 10-23-2012, 04:20 PM

307 posts, read 981,021 times
Colorado Springs being conservative is purely subjective. I would strongly admonish anyone looking for a conservative city to visit the Springs first and base your opinion upon what you deem to be conservative or chrisitian.

If you are coming from the Bible Belt you may not feel that Colo. Springs is as a conservative city or as much of a Churched environment. Don't base a decision about this subject merely on what others say because our perceptions all differ and can quite so on this subject.

On another note. Fort Collins has a ton of mosquitoes, so I am not sure what the OP means by what he said. Also, Colorado definitely has that love it or hate it vibe to it, and I agree that one should not move here based only on what folks say about this state, but one should visit here to form their own opinions.

Having lived in and travelled to states from California to Missouri I can say that Colorado is its own state, its own culture, its own environment, its own way/pace of life, its own topography etc etc. It does bear some resemblences culturally because of the multitudes of people moving here from other states obviously.

Nevertheless, I agree that you will either love it or hate it. So do yourself a favor folks, visit if you can, first.

Old 10-24-2012, 11:31 AM

10 posts, read 16,619 times
I agree, as a person who asked the question "were should I live in Colorado". You just have to come out and see it for yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado