Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2013, 11:19 AM

3,490 posts, read 6,096,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidv View Post
The number 1 characteristic for Denver's and Colorado Springs' climates is dryness (both are in the rain shadow of the Rockies - read about the rain shadow here).

The number 2 characteristic is its sunshine.

The winters are sunny, cold and dry and the summers are sunny, hot and dry.

In the winter, the days are not particularly cold (highs in the 40s and maybe low 50s), but the heat is quickly lost at night (lows in the teens and 20s). In the winter it is not uncommon to get at high in the 60s and maybe the low 70s during the winter time. The winter is very windy at times, but often the winds are warm (chinook winds) and will increase the temperature in the city.

In the summer, daytime highs are in the 80s and 90s with nighttime lows in the 50s and 60s. In July, we usually get a flow of moisture from the southwest which will produce daily thunderstorms in the afternoon. It will be 90s before the clouds roll in, 70s during the storm, and back into the 90s after the storm leaves. The storms typically do not last more than an hour from start to finish.
Rep up for rain shadow link. I've almost finished reading the entire wikipedia entry and discussing it with my wife. Fascinating. I love our rain shadow. When I was looking for a city to move to, we didn't know what a rain shadow was, but because I checked the climate for almost every major city in the country, we were able to record which ones had great weather (which to us involved limited to moderate summer rain and a dry winter (snow optional). It's great to learn the science behind it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2017, 10:30 PM

65 posts, read 103,207 times
Hi Italian Flower, I went to college in the San Fran Area near Berkeley, I went to Calif State East Bay in Hayward, just north of San Jose and across from San Fran, I loved it but its very expensive unless you share.

I am now in Tallahassee Florida i don't like it, was in Clearwater florida and liked it ok but i sold my place there and looking to settle somewhere else. I don't care for Tallahassee at all and my lease is up in 5 months considering texas dallas houston or maybe denver or Colorado Springs. Anyone have any advice? I grew up in NJ.

I have a masters in health care admin and do secretarial work. I am bored to death in Tallahassee and can't wait to leave but i need good job opportunities and quality of life, friendly people etc. I have attempted to move to texas a few times but always backed out for some reason. lol

Any advice would be appreciated.

Old 03-04-2017, 11:04 AM

670 posts, read 1,052,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann2016 View Post
Hi Italian Flower, I went to college in the San Fran Area near Berkeley, I went to Calif State East Bay in Hayward, just north of San Jose and across from San Fran, I loved it but its very expensive unless you share.

I am now in Tallahassee Florida i don't like it, was in Clearwater florida and liked it ok but i sold my place there and looking to settle somewhere else. I don't care for Tallahassee at all and my lease is up in 5 months considering texas dallas houston or maybe denver or Colorado Springs. Anyone have any advice? I grew up in NJ.

I have a masters in health care admin and do secretarial work. I am bored to death in Tallahassee and can't wait to leave but i need good job opportunities and quality of life, friendly people etc. I have attempted to move to texas a few times but always backed out for some reason. lol

Any advice would be appreciated.
This thread is old and the original poster, Italian Flower has not posted since 2012 so I don't think she will see your question. You might want to search some of the threads for info and then start a new topic with specific questions you might still have.

Old 03-04-2017, 01:04 PM

6,926 posts, read 6,931,897 times
^^^

Took the very words off of my keyboard!

This thread is 5 years old. Ann needs to look at the more recent threads here of which there are a plethora, and start a separate thread of her own if she still has questions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado