Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2012, 07:30 AM

7 posts, read 11,930 times

Advertisements

First off I would like to say that I am new to these forums and this is my first post. My girlfriend and I are both in are 20s and are looking to move to Colorado when we are done school in a year and a half. We have been looking for cities to live in and we think denver may be best for job opportunities. We are taking a trip next summer in July or August to look at the area and see if we really do like it. When we go out to visit I will be proposing to my girlfriend. I figured its a good place because that's were we plan on spending the rest of our lives. My question is what is a good city to live in that has good job opportunities ands here we could get and nice 2 bedroom apartment between $700 and $800? We have looked at quit a few online and the pictures look nice but have terrible reviews. Also we're would be a good place to propose? She really likes animals but I would like to do it at a place that has beautiful views I don't want to do it in a restaurant. I am going to school for criminal justice and she is going for early childhood education. I would appreciate any help thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2012, 08:44 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,108,604 times
I think you need to up your budget. I pay almost 1,000 dollars to live in the city for a 1 bedroom, and that's pretty cheap compared to a lot of the places I looked at.

Old 10-02-2012, 08:49 AM

864 posts, read 1,454,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante720 View Post
Also we're would be a good place to propose? She really likes animals but I would like to do it at a place that has beautiful views I don't want to do it in a restaurant. I am going to school for criminal justice and she is going for early childhood education. I would appreciate any help thanks.
I've only lived here for three and a half years, but I know an absolutely GORGEOUS spot that would be perfect for a proposal. Panorama Point at Golden Gate Canyon State Park near Golden (a suburb that is slightly north and west of Denver). There is a raised platform viewing area in this area of the park, but off the left of that, you can go down to this little area with several benches, and the view is GORGEOUS! When I was out there the last time with my family, my mom even remarked it'd be a great place to have a small, intimate wedding, lol. And, this cute ground squirrel came up from below and was scurrying around on the rocks, and let me walk almost all the way up to him.

Here's a link of a video clip of the view:

Golden Gate Canyon State Park - View from Panorama Point - YouTube

If you google Golden Gate Canyon State Park Panorama Point, you can also find a lot more information.

Old 10-02-2012, 08:56 AM

Thank you for the replys I will have to check out that spot to propose. And I can't really up my budget thanks

Old 10-02-2012, 01:47 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,677,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante720 View Post
First off I would like to say that I am new to these forums and this is my first post. My girlfriend and I are both in are 20s and are looking to move to Colorado when we are done school in a year and a half. We have been looking for cities to live in and we think denver may be best for job opportunities. We are taking a trip next summer in July or August to look at the area and see if we really do like it. When we go out to visit I will be proposing to my girlfriend. I figured its a good place because that's were we plan on spending the rest of our lives. My question is what is a good city to live in that has good job opportunities ands here we could get and nice 2 bedroom apartment between $700 and $800? We have looked at quit a few online and the pictures look nice but have terrible reviews. Also we're would be a good place to propose? She really likes animals but I would like to do it at a place that has beautiful views I don't want to do it in a restaurant. I am going to school for criminal justice and she is going for early childhood education. I would appreciate any help thanks.
You plan on spending the rest of your life in Colorado, but you are not sure if you like it and have not visited yet?

Colorado is much more than a few pretty pictures taken in Rocky Mountain National Park.

I would visit first and probably I would recommend visiting in winter as well. A lot of people don't like the dry, windy air or elevation for starters.

Old 10-02-2012, 02:32 PM

I know I will like it I from nj an hate everything about here I've put a lot of time researching the state but I just need to know what citie will fit us best.

Old 10-02-2012, 04:37 PM

Default Places to propose

Hi I am looking for places to propose to my girlfriend. I would like somewhere outside with a beautiful view near the denver area. I don't mind driving a little. We will be new to the area. We are going down for a visit before we move and this is when I will be proposing it will be in July or August. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks

Old 10-02-2012, 10:17 PM

2,253 posts, read 6,986,755 times
Wink It could be

You may wish to pay close attention to the more sobering advice offered thus far, as well as that likely to come. Moreover, not a bad idea to research that provided on this forum to other prospective new residents. Colorado is an often beautiful state, but particularly if without a healthy bank account it is not always peaches and cream. The life you end up living here—if even in the end liking that offered here—will depend in no small degree in ironing out various realities.

Enough on that, although I will add that between $700-$800 most apartments one will find will probably be neither all that great or with a superb view (with pets often problematic as well). Somewhere else, in a different state, one would have a better chance of this at that price point. Colorado real estate, including rentals (particularly in the more desirable towns and locations), tends to be more expensive. Just factor that in.

Something more pleasant, and easier, would be finding a lovely spot to propose marriage. Once here, you would have a plethora of great options. One might be at the small amphitheater at Flagstaff park, high above Boulder, with a great view of the Front Range Mountains to the west, and Boulder below and the plains to the east. There is an admittance fee for parking; with sometimes groups at that amphitheater, or perhaps not as quiet or private as one might wish. So one might wander off in the vicinity as well, and find a private and quiet spot.

Otherwise, do some exploring. Perhaps up Boulder Canyon along the river, with some really beautiful places, although perhaps not due the high level of traffic in that canyon. But one might as well venture to any number of places within nearby Rocky Mountain National Park; and if you cannot find something relatively near Denver both beautiful and romantic you simply are not trying.

If perhaps considering if this question best proposed when first arrived and apartment shopping, with a thousand myriad details of moving involved—or perhaps once somewhat settled, with some good reason to look towards the future with hope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado